Author Topic: Fe solid motor mount help please  (Read 2431 times)

bartlett

• View Profile
Fe solid motor mount help please
« on: January 26, 2013, 08:25:31 AM »
Im running these mounts and I'm not thrilled with some of the vib's they have picked up. Not real bad but there annoying. Being winter and a good time to tinker I would like to try and keep them and try to fix this problem. My plan is to make a mud flap pad where the bottom plate bolts to the frame. I think this will help a ton ,but .... I feel the bolts might still transfer some vib's. so ... do you know any type of Hd insulated washers or have any ideas on that? maybe over sizing the hole slightly and running a fiber/nylon bushing on the shafts,and a insulated washer ..   I figure its worth a try, not much cost to try .. I can always switch to a stock pinned mount if it don't work.

thanks for your help ...

fe66comet

Re: Fe solid motor mount help please
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 08:59:14 AM »
Try a soft durometer bushing in the eye. I am not sure what what is in the mount now but Energy has two compounds.

bartlett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 09:14:01 AM »
I willing to give all a shot..... any links to this bushing ?

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 09:47:26 AM »
I've seen those mounts before but can't imagine where one would find softer material that would slip into the bore. Good idea if you can. Adding the mud flap pad below the frame part can't hurt but I'd not use any fancy grommet. Using a nylock (nylon lined)nut on each bolt would allow one to tighten the bolts but not allow the nuts to back off and loosen.   http://depositphotos.com/14753385/stock-photo-Nylon-lined-Nut.html
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:49:49 AM by machoneman »
Bob Maag