Author Topic: Toploader close ratio - rebuilt  (Read 1944 times)

My427stang

• View Profile
Toploader close ratio - rebuilt
« on: February 09, 2020, 09:07:03 AM »
Selling a RUG-AT1, rebuilt, originally 351 Torino/Fairlane/Ranchero all new small parts kit, bearings, seals, blocker rings.  Also has new bearing retainer, input shaft and 3rd gear.  Had a bad input bearing and I didn't like the wear on those three parts.  Comes with driveshaft yoke as well.  In Omaha NE area, will build crate for shipping at buyers cost if unable to pickup.  $1200.  Thanks!

---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

My427stang

• View Profile
Re: Toploader close ratio - rebuilt
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 03:10:16 PM »
I am going one magical jump to 900 bucks if someone wants it, rather not deal with Ebay, but will list tomorrow if no interest.  Thanks!
Ross
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

Dubs1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 04:24:47 PM »
Hi Ross

How are you doing?  Does that tranny have the 19 inch  or 14 inch rear  extension housing?  I   need one to fit a mustang.

Pls advise

All the best

Larry Dubas

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 04:38:07 PM »
Larry 14 inch, things are going well. Soon to join the ranks of retired O-6s may need some advice :).

Let me know if there is anything you want to see on this box
Ross

Dubs1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 09:49:13 PM »
Hi Ross

I will be coming thru Omaha  early March  possibly the weekend of the March 1, but the dates are not definite, no later however than the 9th or 10th of March.   I will buy your tranny  if it is still available.  If you  built it then it will be a "10 frickin 0"  so I don't need any additional pics.     Look forward to talking with you.  I was, however expecting  a  whetting down party for your promo to  O-7.  I screwed up your invite to the  last one when you made O-6. The USAF is loosing  one hellava  top level officer and leader.     
I thought I once heard you say  or saw on the forum that you had an engineering degree.  You will have your choice of a plethora of jobs/opportunities.  With this booming economy  private companies are hiring like gangbusters. Are there any aerospace contractors  around Omaha? Your clearance level, exec/leadership experience, and demonstrated performance   are a HUGE BONUS  to prospective  employers. Trump has a massive  budget  for defense contractors  which makes me sure they are looking for high level experienced
men.
See you soon and I will give you a heads up on my arrival date.   

All the best

Larry

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 07:40:58 AM »
Sounds good Larry, let me know when you are coming to town, I won't put it on Ebay then.  It's a real nice piece, you will be happy

Thanks for the kind words about the career.  I am just one of many as you remember for your time too. I have some options lined up, need to pick one.  Walmart, Target, Lowes, etc, I think I could run that shopping cart return machine pretty well :)

Not an engineer here, but racked up some useful degrees for contractor or government service, and the AF had me doing an incredible range of things over 25 years, so we'll see what it gets me! 

As far as getting a star, that opportunity was there, but the family didn't want to move 2 years ago, same held true last year, and as you know, at that level of rank, it's another level, you go where they send you.  I stepped off that track around 2018.  I will say though, the 3-star asked me to extend a year...issue is, all it does is cost me.  Regardless, I don't regret the decision, but it is a little nerve-racking after 25 years!

See you soon!  Should have some neat jobs to show you when you get here. 
Ross

fe468stroker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 06:03:44 PM »
Ross,  Some of my USAF buddies when they got out/retired went right back to work at the same base as a GS doing close to the same things.  Better pay for sure and everyone already knows you.  Father-in-law retired as a E-9, then worked at the same base for another 20 years.  Something to think about.

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 06:49:48 AM »
Ross,  Some of my USAF buddies when they got out/retired went right back to work at the same base as a GS doing close to the same things.  Better pay for sure and everyone already knows you.  Father-in-law retired as a E-9, then worked at the same base for another 20 years.  Something to think about.

Sorry for the late reply, that's one of the options.  Just need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up :)

Ross