Author Topic: Very Beginning of the 60 Starliner  (Read 16002 times)

mbrunson427

• View Profile
Very Beginning of the 60 Starliner
« on: October 15, 2019, 08:50:00 AM »
Within the past few weeks I was able to get a single stall conditioned room in the barn set up to work on some things this winter. I'm admittedly pretty fussy about cold weather.

We have been collecting parts for the Starliner for about 2 years now it seems like. Its a hipo 352 car, black with black interior. With help from people on here I was able to locate the correct engine that actually date codes with the car very well. I will be taking all the windows out and stripping out the rest of the remaining interior. We'll take it to the blaster, and then over to a metal working shop. We visited the guys shop a couple weeks ago, he is incredibly talented, we'll only be using about a tenth of his ability with what this car needs (trunk floor and some body patches). https://tinelement.com/ The low drag jaguar on his site he built from scratch.

This is going to be a long-term deal and I'm fully prepared for it to take a while. Trying to put it back together as nicely and as correct as our skill allows us. Still searching for the dang carb and the air cleaner lid!! I've had some good leads, but haven't found anybody willing to part ways with the stuff they have. Any help with that would be much appreciated.

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

turbohunter

• View Profile
Re: Very Beginning of the 60 Starliner
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 10:46:48 AM »
A dream build of mine.
Have a great time with it.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

FrozenMerc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 12:24:40 PM »
Marvelous.  A bucket list car of mine.  Keep up the good work.

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 02:13:27 PM »
Nice tidy workspace too!  Looking forward to more updates  8) 8)
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 08:15:58 PM »
I just want the engine job! ;D

An all-time favorite of mine.....the 352/360 and the 375/390 were responsible for my dad's passion for the FE, which ultimately was responsible for anything and everything I have ever done with the FE.

I'm sure you will do the car proud!
Blair Patrick

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 09:18:45 AM »
Thanks everyone!

Blair, here's the engine. A guy in Indiana had it sitting in his barn. It's got about 75% the right stuff on it. He had an air cleaner lid, but it was for a '61, not '60. Looking back, I should have got the air cleaner lid anyhow so we at least had something. It's supposed to have been rebuilt, run on a test stand, and then stored, but it'll need taken apart and inspected.

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

FERoadster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 10:29:34 AM »
Mike do you have a picture of the air cleaner lid?
I've got a few on the shelves but have no idea what they are? I'll be in Parker in early Nov. and again in early Dec.
Richard
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 01:50:24 PM by FERoadster »

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 01:47:16 PM »
Mike do you have a picture of the air cleaner lid?
I've got a few on the shelves but have no idea what they are? I'll be in Parker in early Non. and again in early Dec.
Richard

Richard, I put a couple deals below so you can see the difference. This seems to be something that gets overlooked quite a bit. The second picture is from this car https://www.hotrod.com/articles/super-rare-superstar-1960-ford-starliner-360hp-high-performance-v-8/  One of the most nicely restored 60's that I've seen, but it has a '61 lid on it. Might be because of availability, in my searching I've drummed up 3-5 times as many '61 lids as 60's.

This is the correct '60 lid:

This is a '61 lid:
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 10:46:07 AM »
The car is now a trunk lid removal away from being 100% stripped. I spent a lot of time chipping away at all the seam sealer, not real sure if that was necessary or not, but I wasn't confident that the blaster could get it up. No huge surprises yet. The drivers foot area is the worst portion of the car, it is rusted through, but we could see that already. This week/weekend I'll build a metal frame for under the car and get it off the sketchy skates. Should be blasted soon, then we'll really know the condition.

Wondering if anybody has used this AMD floor pan? Judging from their pictures it looks pretty darn accurate.
http://www.autometaldirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=21106&gclid=CjwKCAjwo9rtBRAdEiwA_WXcFigxEVgrdVFRVabK7vIg3J3FTbxuE6j-jhrEnz9lJ-C13JgSSuyzGxoCxM8QAvD_BwE

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

drdano

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 01:15:02 PM »
I posted a question on the 62 Galaxie facebook group and while nobody had used the pan, they all assumed it would be as good as the other AMD products they've used and spoke highly of.  There are several videos from AMD on the pan here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-o8nGQQAaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA--TU54jtA

Looks like a good unit, I'll be putting one in my '62 this winter.  If we can get 2-for-1 shipping on them or something, I may be interested in ordering when you do, I'm just over the hill in Fort Collins.

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 02:20:01 PM »
If we can get 2-for-1 shipping on them or something, I may be interested in ordering when you do, I'm just over the hill in Fort Collins.

I'd be interested in doing something like that! Let me get this thing blasted and have the metal guy look at it, I'm going to leave the decision up to him whether we do an entire new floor pan or patch whats there.

I have some '62 parts you may need, can't find anybody else within driving distance that has a '62 and needs parts..... text me and I'll send you pictures back of the random stuff I have. 970-397-four five one two   Main thing I have that is in the way is a trunk lid.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 08:33:10 AM »
The blaster will definitely NOT go through that sealer, or sound deadener, so good call removing it.

Can't wait to see this project progress. The '60 is my favorite of the '60s era full size Fords. I always wondered why it was so overlooked, compared to the '63s and '64s. They are beautiful cars! My Dad and I used to have some NOS trim pieces and hard to find small chrome stuff. I'll have to look around and see what might still be around.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 08:50:49 AM »
Mike,
check with Drew on the carb.  He's in this forum and also has a FB page called Air Fuel Spark.  Love all the pics and the car!  My experience with AMD parts has been excellent. Bought a '63 Galaxie trunk molding a few weeks ago from them and it was first-rate; went right on and was identical to the old one. 

Like Blair, my love for the FE came when I first saw my Dad's '62 390-6V. Not only the look of the engine but the way it could melt the cast-iron rear tires of the day!
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 08:59:26 AM »
My Dad and I used to have some NOS trim pieces and hard to find small chrome stuff. I'll have to look around and see what might still be around.

Doug, that would be wonderful. Whatever you can find I'd buy from you. Funny how we've bought different packages of chrome from people and have 3 of some things but still have zero of others. After this car is complete I'll probably need to sell off the surplus, but right now I'm still collecting.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2019, 09:10:50 AM »
Mike,
check with Drew on the carb.  He's in this forum and also has a FB page called Air Fuel Spark.

Thank Bruce! I have Drew on the lookout for one. I figured with as many carbs as he goes through maybe one of them that comes through his shop will be the right deal. They're very specific, Part # C0AE-9510-AA, List #2112. Only ever installed on the '60 hipo Starliners to my knowledge.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 10:07:57 AM »
Worst case scenario, I have a C0AE 1848 which is a factory replacement for that car that we could plop on while we continue the 2112 search.

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2019, 08:37:32 AM »
Thanks to Drew, the proper carb for the Starliner has been acquired. Well, the important piece of it anyway. It'll get sent down to Drew to be redone and completed, but this is a part I've been hunting for quite a while now. Only thing left is the air cleaner lid and I should have 100% of the hard-to-find parts for the car that were missing.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 08:43:52 AM by mbrunson427 »
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2020, 01:44:42 PM »
Blasting is complete. The car is now sitting at Neal Kurschner's shop, Tin Element, to start on the metalwork. Blasting revealed some pretty poor patches in the rear quarters. There is a stainless panel that goes right behind the wheel wells, so I'm sure that area rusted over time and was patched back poorly. Some pretty thick bondo there as the pictures show.

I'll be stopping by every couple weeks while Neal has the car, so I should have some sheetmetal progress photos. The blue Jaguar Low Drag is leaving next week. That project has been consuming most of his time. It was built by him from scratch out of aluminum. I'm very impressed by his craftsmanship on it, can't imagine what the owner has paid to get that built.

I do need to find a hood. We knew that the hood had a problem in the middle of it, but once it was blasted it was pretty obvious to tell that it had been victim of an engine fire. There are pinholes in it and it's warped pretty bad. Neal can fix it, but figured we'd be time/money ahead to just find a straight hood.

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 08:56:18 AM »
I've seen some FB posts from Neal on his projects; good choice for the Starliner!  Looking forward to following this.

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2020, 03:23:03 PM »
Stopped by today to take a couple pictures of the trunk floor for reference. He hung some body panels on it to get crap off the floor. Looks like somewhat of a car.

This is the area of the hood that was melted via engine fire. It's right in the center of the hood, so a bunch of the metal was warped and would probably be pretty hard to make 100% flat if we re-used this hood. Especially hard because it will be painted black.

I'm hunting for a new trunk floor now.

Spare tire area of the trunk.

Neal pulled some of the plastic off of the Jaguar so I snapped a picture. It leaves for Florida within a couple days. I'm really glad to have seen this car before it left the shop.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

410bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2020, 09:06:20 PM »
Cut the center of that hood out and put a shaker in there. ;)

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2020, 09:35:23 AM »
Mike have you tried AMD for the trunk floor?  Not sure if they make the exact piece but may have something from another year that is very close. 

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2020, 09:57:28 AM »
Mike have you tried AMD for the trunk floor?  Not sure if they make the exact piece but may have something from another year that is very close.

Bruce, I found a few options. AMD makes a 61-64 trunk floor. Major difference between a '60 trunk floor is the spare tire location. There's also some other random eBay deal. Bought both of them and I think Neal is going to try and work with those. I also found a full trunk floor locally, might drive out and look at it this weekend. I'm finding that '60 trunk floors were notorious for rusting. Between the 3 options, he will be able to piece something back together. I wish AMD made a replacement, but I can understand that it probably doesn't make business sense for them to produce one.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2020, 10:17:08 PM »
Tin Element (Neal Kurschner) has started working on the Starliner. He does a very good job at documenting his progress. His work is in a rotation of different projects, I think if i ran a similar shop, I'd probably also work in a rotation so I never got bottled down into one single project. The Starliner has found it's place into that rotation. I'm not sure how many of you do instagram or facebook, but you can follow Neal's progress on both places. Here are the pictures so far, after 2 days of work. I probably won't continue to duplicate everything, but here is an idea of the quality (I think he deserves a lot more notoriety than he currently receives)

https://www.instagram.com/tinelement/
https://www.facebook.com/TinElementLLC

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

allrightmike

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2020, 09:14:31 AM »
Mike, what a hoot to see panels like those fabricated; I know they are not otherwise available. A piece of artwork!

Mike.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2020, 03:11:59 PM »
WOW very nice shes gonna be something when done. I wonder how long it took him to make that piece. Hes probably so used to doing it he probably did it in a very reasonable time frame. Regardless nice work

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2020, 05:58:12 PM »
Here's a couple more, of the other side.

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2020, 06:02:33 PM »
WOW very nice shes gonna be something when done. I wonder how long it took him to make that piece. Hes probably so used to doing it he probably did it in a very reasonable time frame. Regardless nice work

So far he has 3 days into it. He make's pretty quick work of it. The trunk on the other hand, I think he'll have some time into that.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

allrightmike

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2020, 04:50:19 PM »
Had pretty much the same problem areas with my Starliner project. Being that I am not a sheet metal artist I cut replacement pieces which were in good condition from a donor car. Still a ton of work if you don't want excess filler. Wouldn't even attempt to metal finish!

Mike.

drdano

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2020, 05:01:29 PM »
With as nice as those patch panels are, I'd be surprised if he didn't metal finish it out after they are welded in.  Very nice work thusfar.

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2020, 11:22:00 AM »
Nobody remakes a trunk floor for a 60, I found one trunk floor for sale that was 90% nice but the price was staggering, so Neal is making it from scratch.

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2020, 01:58:18 PM »
Realy nice work

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2020, 08:50:27 AM »
That trunk floor is scratch made? That guy does an awesome job! Same goes for those patch panels! Really nice crisp lines and contours.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 08:55:15 AM by cjshaker »
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2020, 05:22:22 PM »
He used a Pullmax to make those?

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2020, 08:40:06 AM »
Heo, yes a Pullmax with wood patterns was used to make the strengthening ribs according to his Facebook page Tin Element.  Not sure how he did the rest but a first-rate job!   

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2020, 08:43:50 AM »
That’s a wow, I am not worthy.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2020, 01:52:31 PM »
Heo, yes a Pullmax with wood patterns was used to make the strengthening ribs according to his Facebook page Tin Element.  Not sure how he did the rest but a first-rate job!   
The rest of the panels is probably pullmax and a English wheel with rubber on one wheel
and a shrinker/stretcher in thee rearmost corner

lstanford

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2020, 07:34:04 PM »
Wow, beautiful work. He is a real craftsman. Best metal work I have seen in a long, long time. I thought all of the talented metal workers had left this planet.

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2020, 10:38:22 AM »
Trunk floor installed. Next I believe is the interior floor of the car. Luckily AMD makes that stuff, unfortunately there wont be near as much cool metalwork

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

drdano

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2020, 11:50:19 AM »
Absolutely beautiful work.  I'd love to hear how the AMD floor pan works out, I'm close to pulling the trigger on one for my '62.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2020, 12:32:38 PM »
That is beautiful
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2020, 07:53:32 AM »
Mike, it looks like he Tig welded those trunk pans in place, am I right?  Very impressed to see him reproduce them! 

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2020, 09:47:27 AM »
Bruce, yep the different sections of the floor were all TIG'd together into one large trunk panel and then TIG'd in place. We are very happy to have found Neal, extremely humble guy, top notch craftsman.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2020, 12:27:36 PM »
Here are more update photos. A lot of work has been done on the car but none of it was that glorious of stuff, just cutting out bad metal with patches. Neal has started into the floor pans so it's more exciting stuff to look at. We got super lucky and found the drivers side rocker panel NOS on ebay. The drivers side had been mashed and was going to be difficult to get it right.

Note: '60 Starliners have a support brace underneath the floor pan, 61-63 do not have the support brace but an extra bead was added to the floor pan to strengthen it. You can see a piece of tape with an arrow to the bead, that bead was cut out and removed so it didn't interfere with the brace below it. In the top left photo you can see the brace.

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

drdano

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2020, 02:50:50 PM »
Looks incredible.  Those are AMD pieces for the firewall and front floor?  Any comment on the fit/quality?

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2020, 05:16:14 PM »
Looks incredible.  Those are AMD pieces for the firewall and front floor?  Any comment on the fit/quality?

Yes those are AMD pieces. Based on everything I had read about their fitment I had confidence in them, Neal was skeptical. He emailed us and was surprised at how well it worked, he was complimentary of them.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

drdano

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2020, 07:35:38 PM »
I've not read any feedback on these pans in particular, but heard AMD in general made good stuff.  Thanks for the review, still hoping to get a set ordered for my wagon.

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2020, 10:17:42 AM »
Looks like a car again! Floor pans complete, hanging body panels and starting body work now.

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2020, 11:01:19 AM »
Should be coming home soon!

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2020, 11:36:45 AM »
It’s looking beautiful Mike. Jealy meter pegged.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2020, 01:56:39 PM »
100% rust free and stripped to metal. Ya gotta love it! Can't wait to see this one come together.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2020, 11:21:18 AM »
Metal work is now 100%. All odds and ends are complete, ready to pick up. I also received pictures this morning of the complete T85 overdrive transmission, was gone through in Milwaukee.

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2022, 12:41:14 PM »
This project has been dormant for quite some time. We have been waiting on a body shop to free up. Out of the blue a few months ago one of the local shops called and said they had multiple people back out and had a spot for the Starliner. We jumped on it and had the car over to them the next weekend. Just this week we got some progress photos....it's in the works.

The body shop has some work coming in the May/June timeframe, so he was hoping to have this done right around then. Hopefully it's a black Starliner by June!

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

Rory428

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2022, 06:51:33 PM »
Don`t know how I missed this build story, but this car is going to be great. Amazing workmanship.
1978 Fairmont,FE 427 with 428 crank, 4 speed Jerico best of 9.972@132.54MPH 1.29 60 foot
1985 Mustang HB 331 SB Ford, 4 speed Jerico, best of 10.29@128 MPH 1.40 60 foot.
1974 F350 race car hauler 390 NP435 4 speed
1959 Ford Meteor 2 dr sedan. 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed Toploader. 12.54@ 108 MPH

WConley

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2022, 07:15:45 PM »
Ooh La La!  That is going to be a gem  ;D

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2022, 08:45:21 AM »
Thanks guys! This one is going to take a while, long term project.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2022, 07:56:51 AM »
Mike, are you planning to paint the car the Ford black which I believe was called Raven Black?  The metal work was outstanding. 

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2022, 08:15:13 AM »
Mike, are you planning to paint the car the Ford black which I believe was called Raven Black?  The metal work was outstanding.

I think the final paint selection is still up in the air. Our '68 cougar is painted Raven Black and the '67 Mustang is Jet Black. When you park the two side-by-side in sunlight, the Cougar almost looks a little brown compared to the Mustang. We're tending towards Jet Black right now, even though its not the totally right paint for the car. Do you think that's a decent plan?
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2022, 08:36:37 AM »
At the end of the day the decision is yours of course.  My friend has a '67 R-Code Fairlane which was originally Raven Black.  When he had the car restored he had it painted the original color which he said has brown and olive green in the paint mix.  If it was me I'd go with the original black but just about any black is going to look great. 

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2022, 09:36:41 AM »
It was a big labor day weekend around here, I get to update multiple project statuses.

Yesterday we went to check on the Starliner at the paint shop and give him some final instruction before it's painted. Bruce, you'll be happy to know that we settled on Raven Black rather than Jet Black. Under-side is getting painted red oxide. When we disassembled the car it had 2-3 colors of green underneath it for primer. I asked around and was explained that Ford would use leftover paint as primer sometimes. I had the idea of replicating the green......but at the end of the day we really didn't want the bottom side of the car to look like a lollipop. Red oxide it is.

He should be spraying black hopefully by the end of the week. With any luck, we should be picking the car up by October after it's all final buffed.

We have to quick get the brake lines and fuel lines run on the frame. The frame is now powder coated. We'll hang just enough suspension on it to roll it out of the paint shop.

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

Jim-W

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2022, 10:37:15 AM »
Fantastic build! Look forward to following your progress. Best of luck on the air cleaner lid, I’ve only seen 1 of these in the past 30 years. Hopefully someone will come up with one for this well deserving project!

Jim

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2022, 07:26:40 AM »
Yes Mike, a big thumbs up!  Congrats on your progress. 

WConley

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2022, 10:52:52 AM »
+1 Mike.  That's going to be a lovely car!

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2022, 03:39:40 PM »
Thanks everyone!

Jim, yes I'm still hunting the air cleaner lid. I have a "61-62" hipo lid. I've gone back and forth with quite a few people about the air cleaner lid situation on these cars and I'm starting to believe that quite a few 60's actually left the factory with the later style lid. I talked to a guy at Carlisle that owned a '60 hipo and it had been in his family since new, it had the later style lid on it. We're going to put the "61-62" lid on it and not sweat it too much, if a 60 style lid ever lands in my lap we will put it on. I know where about 5 of them are.....but nobody wants to part ways with them.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2022, 05:17:49 PM »
That's a well thought out way to brace the body without tack welding in a bunch of junk.

Can't wait to see the final progression on this car. It should be stunning.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2023, 05:35:37 PM »
We have the car back in our possession now. It's been a long time coming between metal work and paint. We're getting the rolling chassis going now, more updates coming soon-ish.

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2023, 09:39:40 PM »
Nice
 8)

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2023, 10:16:30 AM »
I added a page on our website to document this project and get all pictures in one place. If you'd like to take a look, here's the link:

https://brunsonperformance.com/2023/10/wounded-warrior-starliner/
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2023, 12:13:24 PM »
Black and Bad Ass! Nice.....
Bob Maag

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2023, 04:05:28 PM »
Sould be a beauty with red interior and crome reverse wheels with whitestripe tires