Author Topic: new lifters  (Read 3742 times)

67428GT500

• View Profile
Re: new lifters
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2019, 12:59:26 AM »
Almost as bad as filling the block with propane to find an leak and starting the motor. It would be good for entertainment.. For someone at least.

GerryP

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2019, 07:41:04 AM »
Yeah, that's not thinking it through. 

I had driven through a huge water puddle.  The steam bath got under the distributor cap and killed the engine.  I had some WD-40 on me and figured that I'd use it for its intended purpose.  I sprayed down the inside of the cap and the points base, put the cap on and fired it up.  I was back on the road and all was good.  I was all smug in knowing my superior mechanical skills and knack for problem solving had one again saved the day...for about 30 seconds, then ka-blewie!  The distributor cap was blown to smithereens.  So, what I learned that day was that yes, WD-40 is flammable, that it slowly vaporizes and the chemistry of stoichiometry actually works as advertised.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2019, 11:53:40 AM »
Yeah, that's not thinking it through. 

I had driven through a huge water puddle.  The steam bath got under the distributor cap and killed the engine.  I had some WD-40 on me and figured that I'd use it for its intended purpose.  I sprayed down the inside of the cap and the points base, put the cap on and fired it up.  I was back on the road and all was good.  I was all smug in knowing my superior mechanical skills and knack for problem solving had one again saved the day...for about 30 seconds, then ka-blewie!  The distributor cap was blown to smithereens.  So, what I learned that day was that yes, WD-40 is flammable, that it slowly vaporizes and the chemistry of stoichiometry actually works as advertised.
;D ;D ;D I almost got hit by a 429 valvecover when a lokal sleezeball and his motley crew tried to force life
in his LTD. Middle of the winter, dark as a coalmine i walked past. Njuga,, njuga,, pssst pssst from the ether bottle
 njuga,, KABLAM, huge fireball, heard and felt something swich by my face  heard the aircleaner  hitting the hood
they managed to blow the valvecovers clean of the engine, the aircleaner of the carb ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D it wast the VC
that almost hit me. You should have seen the faces of the sleazeball and crew. Crewchief burned in the face so he was
pink like a pig the otherones just staring empty in front of them splattered with oil

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it