Author Topic: Hot Rod Drag Week 2019 is ( kind of ) underway.  (Read 14711 times)

falcongeorge

• View Profile
Re: Hot Rod Drag Week 2019 is ( kind of ) underway.
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2019, 11:55:21 AM »
That was a pretty great way to cap off Dragweek.
That Ranchero was run by Dennis Taylor (Alex's dad) in gray primer and a Chevy engine in Drag Week three years ago, so it was painted and the Hemi stuck in by the new owner.
 Notice it doesn't have rollbar tubes through the back window like most do. Dennis told me it's legal the way he did it and i'd love to see close up interior pics to see how. I saw the car in person then but never looked to see where the back braces go.
Tom, is he running coil-overs and hairpins with a dropped tube axle up front? Any pics of the front axle/suspension?

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2019, 12:00:38 PM »
It was a pleasure folllowing the car for the week. Sounds like the car was extremely reliable for you which is great. I think the mileage for the week was around 800 miles. Well congrats again you and your dad should be proud of yourselves.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2019, 12:04:54 PM »
Yes, thanks for the recap, Scott. And a huge congrats on your 3rd straight win!! That is a HUGE accomplishment! And other than a couple of well used rockers last year, to be that dependable and consistent through those years speaks volumes about how your car is put together and maintained. Get that trans-break figured out, and I think you'll easily be in the 8's. Congratulations to everyone involved in the team.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

millerptl

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2019, 12:47:17 PM »
The other change I had was bushed steel rockers. Also, amazingly, I got 1 mpg more this year than last year. How you go from dual 850's to dual 1050's and pick up fuel mileage. Go figure.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2019, 01:37:42 PM »
The other change I had was bushed steel rockers.
Would love to hear about those.
And adding my congrats as well.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2019, 06:38:59 PM »
The other change I had was bushed steel rockers. Also, amazingly, I got 1 mpg more this year than last year. How you go from dual 850's to dual 1050's and pick up fuel mileage. Go figure.

Flatter roads? LOL
Bob Maag

57 lima bean

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2019, 11:25:38 AM »
Congratulations Scott and to the Miller family efforts.Drag Week looks so easy from the live feed.Its fun to know better :) 

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2019, 04:11:14 PM »
I turned on the live feed as much as I could at work last week to try and catch the Cougar running. Got to see it go twice. Love that car, it's pretty obvious from watching it run that there's plenty of horsepower on tap.

I'm not sure how far you've gotten into the suspension tuning, but from my experience, Calvert is one heck of a resource. John has his FE Fairlane and Mustang and is inherently an FE guy. When we built our '64 Fairlane we were having some troubles, he must have spent 3 or 4 hours on the phone trying to get things dialed in. The car had Mustang II front suspension and he went out of his way to have a custom adjustable front shock built the proper length for what the car needed. He went way beyond the level of help that we expected, initially just called in to see how much pre-load we should be putting on the bars.  You may have done this already, but if not, definitely give him a call and I'm willing to bet he has a ton of enthusiasm for your guys' car.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com