Author Topic: Harland Sharps  (Read 1114 times)

MeanGene

• View Profile
Harland Sharps
« on: August 17, 2019, 01:19:37 PM »
First hand, hands on experience only please.  I want to get my 454 going for now without drilling the galleries just yet for T&Ds, and I know the Dove HDs that I have aren't highly thought of for over .700 lift. I do have a set of Harland Sharps that have a basic setup on, just spacers and steel stands. What are the limits on the HS rockers, say with HD shafts, spacers and end stands? Haven't pulled them apart but guessing bushed rockers. I have a .725 that was spec'd for a 454 similar to mine, and a .760 with easy profile that peaked in a 505 at 6300, and a .785 that's a little nastier. I've never heard of a breakage problem with the HS rockers? I've thought of maybe putting the HS rockers into the Dove HD stand setup with the big end stands, if it will fit up, seems the problem with the Doves was just rockers themselves breaking? I picked up a couple more toys, a 56 Bird with a drop axle and fenderwell headers, and a 65 Caliente for A/FX style. The Bird was running with a 427 until recently, and I'd like to get something respectable in it to keep the old ladies up on the sidewalk. Thanks for your help
MeanGene