Author Topic: Final TNT for season at local track  (Read 1741 times)

Stangman

• View Profile
Re: Final TNT for season at local track
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2023, 11:58:17 PM »
.drag radials in general aren’t for stick cars. They don’t pedal well either when they loose traction you almost have to get off all the way and start again.  I would stay with slicks for the 3 pedal guys.

manofmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2023, 04:48:10 AM »
I guessed that you had those springs moved .Somehow I am determined to get my car to work with those 9x29s .My loosened up convertor didnt help much either .So I plan to go back to some mickey thompson tires .I might consider a gear swap .I currently have 4.10s maybe a 3.90 or 3.70 gear is in my future .Thank you for sharing your info.Doug

6667fan

• Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2023, 07:03:56 PM »
Doug, the guys who get it done with 9” tires have my respect. My car was nothing special originally, ( 2V 390), so I’m okay with cutting it. Once the roll bar was welded in the gloves came off.

I ordered the Strange complete third member 1.5 narrower than stock. I thought that would help with big rubber. It was not really necessary. I had 6.5” back space Weld Wheels and the wheels ended up coming in too far. 5.5” back space works with the Hoosiers which have a healthy section width. But that is with the spring kit getting the leafs away from the sidewall. So it’s a combination of things to get the 10.5s to fit.
JB

67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 636/619.
Tunnel Wedge, Survival EMC CNC heads, Lykins Custom Hydraulic Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.68@125.71 1.56 60’

manofmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2023, 05:23:42 AM »
You know 6667 when I got my 502 installed I had my old mickeys 29.5x9 stiff sidewall and used they worked better than my new 29x9 Hoosiers d06 compound .I tried everthing this past year .Sometimes it would hook 1.46 60 ft mostly NOT.I had the convertor loosened still spinning .In Ga. it is starting to rain I need one more test session before I just buy some new tires .I will go back to mickeys 3056 st.The Hoosiers fit much better but it seems they wont work with my car .Thanks for your info and I am thinking about that moving my spring also but first I will try different tires .Good luck to you Mr. Fairlane .Doug