Author Topic: Rpm Intake & super sucker  (Read 1525 times)

Twinibeam66

• View Profile
Rpm Intake & super sucker
« on: March 28, 2019, 08:20:22 PM »
Hey everybody on my 416 Build I am getting close to putting the intake on, its a Eldbrock RPM what modifications is everybody making to the plenum if any are necessary ?? Also thinking of using a 1 inch 4 hole super sucker spacer ?

Thanks everybody

chilly460

• View Profile
Re: Rpm Intake & super sucker
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 09:41:07 PM »
I have no data on mine before and after, but I bullnosed the top of the plenum divider on mine then put a bigger radius on the transition from plenum to runner on my RPM.  Pretty easy work on some, some required long burrs and some hand work. 

Twinibeam66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 06:39:22 AM »
ok thank you

Jim Comet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 06:47:58 AM »
We just tried it on my 416 that Jay dyno'd. My motor is pretty high strung but it did not really help. My best numbers were with a 1 inch open and a 4 hole on top of that. The Super sucker sure didn't hurt but for 125.00 bucks it didn't make much difference. One thing to note aslo was my center divider is cut down 1/2 inch and the plenum area is worked some. Like Barry said, every combination reacts differently to spacers. There is no cut and dried rule. It sure wouldn't hurt you. It just didn't make much difference on my combo. Jim

Twinibeam66

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 08:54:19 AM »
ok Thanks Jim comet i really liked the HP your engine made , hope mine will do close to that.