Author Topic: FE C6 shift lever?  (Read 3489 times)

FERoadster

• View Profile
Re: FE C6 shift lever?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 03:43:57 PM »
I've posted a couple of photo's here but the transmissions are in a hard to reach place for additional photos.
I ended up "breaking" one of the arms off the collar while trying to get it off the trans. How do you remove the arm and collar? This one seemed furnace welded.
 Short of using oxy-acel? Tried my additional 4 transmissions and none will budge. The kickdown lever picture is from the car trans and a PU trans. Even though a different shape the 2 ends match up.  The shift lever that broke off the collar is a PU lever and has alot more offset but is the same length as the car arm.  One of my PU trans has the same shift lever as my Car C6 and has the bends as shown in the previous photo. If I can get the shift levers and collars off I'll post more photos.
My camera was not set for close-ups so the photos are not in focus. I'll get additional later.

Richard   

wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 07:55:03 PM »
You have to pull the valve body to change the lever i think.

fescj428

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 08:25:55 PM »
I should have posted this sooner, but it was a busy day and couldn't get to it till now. I called a local transmission shop earlier today that has been in business for a very long time. I was surprised to find out that they had an old Ford man caring for their used transmission parts. Anyway, they have the exact shaft that I need taken out of a 69 big block Fairlane C6 with column shift. In fact, they have a treasure trove of old C6 parts as well as many others. So, I am covered on this. And yes, you have to remove pan and valve body to remove shaft.........many apologies to FERoadster as I truly appreciate your help. The willingness of everyone to help on FE Power has not gone unnoticed by myself. I appreciate all of the pictures, Mark's help from Berkshire, and hopefully I can help in return sometime myself. If anyone would like to know the name of this local transmission shop, please PM me. I got lucky, maybe someone else will. Thank you all! Brian

FERoadster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 10:51:58 PM »
I always say live and learn. These transmissions may well "eventually" end up as scrap when I run put of space. (not the universe however)
Glad for the endeavor.

Richard >>> FERoadster