Author Topic: Gaskets  (Read 2351 times)

Posi67

• View Profile
Re: Gaskets
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2022, 11:53:04 PM »
Like Rory, I use the Felpro gaskets with good results. Also liked the Hooker supplied gaskets but never looked to see if they were available separately. I suppose the High Temp Silicone has it applications but hate the red mess before, during and after removal. An open header application will take less to seal than a muffler combination with considerable back pressure. Street cars need longevity where a race car can get by on a marginal gasket. I'm still going with the Felpro. 

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2022, 10:27:24 AM »
Thanks for the info, I think I will try no gaskets with a little high temp sealer, I need all the room I can get.  My headers have thick separated flanges and I checked them for flatness before ceramic coat. I have installed FE headers in shock tower mustangs at least 6 or 7 times. I had the process down to 1 socket, 2 extensions and 2 combination wrenches. On my first Mustang I put in all 28 header bolts losing a lot skin in the process, now I will probably use just top and bottom.
Thanks, Mike
the remflex gaskets are thick to start with but they compress to a bought the same thickness as any other gasket when installed i have all 32 bolts in mine
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 10:29:43 AM by fryedaddy »
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2022, 12:55:43 AM »
I have never had a headers leak since i started using only silicone sealer in the 80s
never used a exhaustgasket  on anything since

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it