Author Topic: Advice on oil filter adapter for 427fe.  (Read 1211 times)

james

• View Profile
Advice on oil filter adapter for 427fe.
« on: January 27, 2019, 04:51:27 PM »
I want to post the pictures first. The 1st pic shows all the holes on the adpater and the same holes on the block. Can the larger hole in the upper right corner be blocked off since the other picture shows the dip stick is already in the block. And the hole where the oil filter would go is I guess in the pan. I threw in a pic of the motor and the push rods are going to be installed as well as new springs. Pluse I'm going to get rid of the two plastic resorivors because they look to "cheesy."  Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 04:55:15 PM by james »

My427stang

• View Profile
Re: Advice on oil filter adapter for 427fe.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 05:54:13 PM »
If you don't need the dipstick hole near the oil filter adapter, plug it.  That's how the trucks did it with a dipstick in the pan.  3/8 freeze plug I believe, and there is a step in the hole so you don't have to worry about going too deep.  Stick a drill bit in backwards to get your size

People have used all kinds of tricks, but a freeze plug works great
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

james

• View Profile
Re: Advice on oil filter adapter for 427fe.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 04:38:34 PM »
I want to thank you for the advice, this will work out according to my mechanic.