Author Topic: Drag Week 2019 registration date announced!  (Read 1412 times)

AlanCasida

• View Profile
Drag Week 2019 registration date announced!
« on: January 15, 2019, 10:45:12 PM »
11:00 am CST, February 23rd. Better get your typin' fingers limbered up and be ready! And try not to red light. :)
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hot-rod-drag-week-registration-2019-save-this-link/?sm_id=organic_fb_social_HRN_190115_sf206020498&sf206020498=1
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:09:45 PM by AlanCasida »

TomP

• View Profile
Re: Drag Week 2019 registration date announced!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 11:15:24 PM »
I am curious how they are going to make driving routes more than 100 miles, those tracks are not real spread out like some have been (Great Bend to Tulsa or Milan MI to Pittsburgh)

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 11:35:18 PM »
I am curious how they are going to make driving routes more than 100 miles, those tracks are not real spread out like some have been (Great Bend to Tulsa or Milan MI to Pittsburgh)

This is why I'm seriously considering taking a year off. I know guys have said that there are routes that aren't heavy in traffic, but with 3 major cities so close together, and tracks so close together, they're going to have some convoluted routes to make up the distance. It'll give me a year to get some changes made to the car anyway. I might consider a tag-along, just to watch and see the cars, like you don't get a chance to when participating.

Alan, are you going this year?
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

AlanCasida

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 09:31:34 AM »

This is why I'm seriously considering taking a year off. I know guys have said that there are routes that aren't heavy in traffic, but with 3 major cities so close together, and tracks so close together, they're going to have some convoluted routes to make up the distance. It'll give me a year to get some changes made to the car anyway. I might consider a tag-along, just to watch and see the cars, like you don't get a chance to when participating.

Alan, are you going this year?

I am not sure. I REALLY hate driving through heavy traffic and the east coast area looks like the most densely populated area of the US so it looks like traffic is going to be unavoidable. Plus, like you said the routes are going to be very convoluted. The road maps of that area look like spaghetti! That and it's about a 20 hr drive to get there for me. I am very seriously looking at Rocky Mountain Race Week this year. It's in the wide open spaces and in the Rockies plus some local guys I know are going. But at the end of the day I'll probably try to get registered for DW since it is the big show and I guess everyone else will be in the same boat too.
Here is a map showing population density. Then check where DW will be held this year...yuck.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 02:20:12 PM by AlanCasida »