Author Topic: Tundra forum? (ducking)  (Read 4671 times)

westcoastgalaxie

• View Profile
Tundra forum? (ducking)
« on: January 03, 2019, 10:56:56 AM »
I just bought me a tundra, sorry ford doesn't make an extended cab with  rear opening doors. so I am looking for a good forum. The ones I have found so far don't inspire much confidence. I get the  impression tundra owners don't wrench much, more interested in dressing them up. Shocker.

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
Re: Tundra forum? (ducking)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 11:35:04 AM »
I am a Tundra owner, and do all my wrenching on Fords.  Don't need to do anything to the Tundra.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

C8OZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 12:05:40 PM »
Same. My dad has a 2001, and I've had to...put brakes on it. Not knocking any other brand, but they did something right.
I only get to bring the F350 when more traction is in order.

westcoastgalaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 12:26:20 PM »
Yes reliability was certainly a factor in why I bought a Tundra. I really wish they made a 3/4 ton as this Tundra will be a compromise for me coming from a 250. Long term I will likely have to switch back to 3/4 ton.

Fixing things that break, aside, I still find forums valuable when it comes to maintenance, upgrades, "is this thing normal for this truck", talking tech talk, etc.

So do you guys have a forum you use for this? Or what is your resource?

Jim Comet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 01:16:05 PM »
I don't see where you can buy an extended cab Ford WITHOUT rear doors? What year are you looking at?

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 01:25:24 PM »
Really have too search around for a specific problem. Dealers ( even Toyota) treat their customers as incapable of anything, other than bringing your vehicle in for service. Best to use the online techs for "help" though they will charge for that help. I have had to work on Tundra, and Titan trucks. Most problems are electrical. Wiring nightmare, but all new vehicles are, IMO.

westcoastgalaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 02:08:03 PM »
"I don't see where you can buy an extended cab Ford WITHOUT rear doors? What year are you looking at?"

Jim, I said extended cab with rear opening doors. Fords are forward opening doors.

Katz, I've never used the online techs for help. Do you have a link?

Jim Comet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 03:32:13 PM »
I got you, a "baby" crew cab! No worries, a Tundra would be my second choice behind a Ford. Jim

westcoastgalaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 05:31:40 PM »
Exactly Jim, no 1/2 tons come with full crew cab and a long bed. I would go 3/4 ton to get those features but I cannot afford the 6.7 and refuse to go 6.0 or 6.4 or older. The 6.2 didn't impress neither.

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 06:21:25 PM »
I have used www.justanswer.com/Toyota as a help aid for Toyota problems. There is another one but I would try this one first.

westcoastgalaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 07:34:59 PM »
Thank you Katz! I will check them out.

chris401

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 10:04:50 PM »
International Automotive Technician's Network is an excellent place to go for tried and proven repairs and advice. I have been a free and paid member there for 15 years or so.

https://www.iatn.net/

westcoastgalaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 04:47:56 PM »
Thanks Chris, I’ll check them out.

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 06:28:34 PM »
The Tundra owners group is a sub-forum in the "Men's fashion department", right alongside the latest slip on plastic footwear, pink button up shirts, and low rider pants.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 06:31:59 PM »
The Tundra owners group is a sub-forum in the "Men's fashion department", right alongside the latest slip on plastic footwear, pink button up shirts, and low rider pants.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

westcoastgalaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 08:54:53 PM »
Hey Joe, grab your crocs and let’s head to the mall. I hear the new man purses are in. Latest trends from Europe I hear.

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 10:11:00 PM »
Hey Joe, grab your crocs and let’s head to the mall. I hear the new man purses are in. Latest trends from Europe I hear.

Don't forget to put your hair into a nice bun (assuming you have hair...:). )

Joe-JDC

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 10:47:21 PM »
IF you are talking to this Joe, then you know I have more hair that you do, and I'm 73.  No pink anywhere around me except my wife of 52 years.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

afret

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 12:22:33 AM »
Exactly Jim, no 1/2 tons come with full crew cab and a long bed. I would go 3/4 ton to get those features but I cannot afford the 6.7 and refuse to go 6.0 or 6.4 or older. The 6.2 didn't impress neither.

The 6.2L seems like a decent engine.  Just picked up a bottom of the line F250 CCLB with 6.2 and 4.30 gears.  Haven't had a chance to drive it after bringing it home since the roads to get to the highway are solid ice and the truck only has all season tires.  Even my AWD car with dedicated winter tires was sliding around today with melted water on the ice going 10-15 MPH.  Got the 6.2L since I don't plan on towing over 7K lbs and the diesel would be overkill for that and figured that a 3/4 ton is a more stable platform for towing than a half ton. This engine seems to be more than enough to handle that weight going over some good climbs. There are several videos of it towing online.  Here's just one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za00noq0_vc

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 04:31:26 AM »
Its a Tundra question on an FE forum - - the O.P. knew it was gonna go in this direction. :)

Joe-JDC

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 02:50:14 PM »
Man buns touch a nerve with me.  One of my sons sports one, and I don't think it is appropriate.  He definitely is not pink oriented.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 09:46:46 PM »
kids do certain things simply because it annoys the prior generation.   It has been that way since the dawn of time....

Dan859

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 08:17:30 AM »
kids do certain things simply because it annoys the prior generation.   It has been that way since the dawn of time.

Isn't that the truth!!  I raised 3 boys, and there were days I was sure they were just doing s#%t just to piss me off!  Of course, it's not like I ever did anything like that to my Dad  ;D