Author Topic: Sorry for posting this on the FEForum and here =Non FE Ford Valve Covers Price?  (Read 1267 times)

FERoadster

• View Profile
Cal Custom for Boss 302 and Cleveland 351
Nice condition and I will be polishing them.   What are they worth or  should I ask  for the pair?

2nd set is a pair of early Cobra powered by Ford VC's. These have the solid lettering so I've been told they are the original castings. Re-pops  have the outlined letters.  No nicks or scrapes on this set. I've had these close to 40 years.

Pictures attached
 Richard >>> FERoadster

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
Those cobra valve covers are not original.  The original did not have breather stand pipe, or PCV grommet, etc.  The original did have outline edges, not solid letters.  Those are still available from Motorsports dealers in black, aluminum, polished, etc.  See them on Craig's list frequently for $100.00 pair. Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

AlanCasida

• View Profile
If they polish up good, I think you should get at least $200-$250(maybe more) for the Cal Custom covers...on Ebay anyway. IMO they are hands down the best looking valve cover for a Cleveland and they are hard to find. I sold a set on Ebay about 10 years ago for $250. I put a "buy it now" for $250 and they sold in 30 minutes! Good luck.