Author Topic: OK, What the Heck is this?  (Read 4357 times)

turbohunter

• View Profile
Re: OK, What the Heck is this?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 07:23:05 AM »
The first comment is hysterical. Well, funny.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 07:58:51 AM »
Been to Chihuahua a few times actually, for work in the last few years.  Have another trip in the works.   There are a few automotive suppliers there that we do work for(injection molding).   Have had to go there to make drawings of parts for us to manufacture.  Nice to work in, it's all air conditioned and they feed the employee for free.

It's kinda pretty country, typical western=rocky/dry.   The only difference is every house/building has a 10ft fence around it, all through town.  Looks like downtown Detroit in a way.  You don't go walking around when the street lights come on!!
Larry

wowens

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 02:24:40 PM »
Truck in ad has replaceable rear corner panels and 3 doors, truck in video does not have separate corner panels and only 2 doors. Very similar but different.
I'm confused.
Woody

FElony

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 03:58:47 PM »
Truck in ad has replaceable rear corner panels and 3 doors, truck in video does not have separate corner panels and only 2 doors. Very similar but different.
I'm confused.

Jeez, I didn't even notice the third door missing. I'm confused now, too.

If you check the Jalopnik thread above the print ad say that Ford provides the chassis and the rest is finished by whomever. At this point, I'm going to guess that there was more than one shop making these, similar to the van conversion places here in the states. Perhaps the F-150 badges and the Custom badge on the glove box of the KC truck were in fact placed there by an importer or dealer. Lit says B100 production took place over several years, so who knows. Oh what a tangled web.

My enthusiasm for this purchase rises and falls, which is not a good sign. To be something useful to me, I would need to spend money on top of the purchase, even though it doesn't seem to need much as is to just tool around in. The big downside, much like my old Econoline, is the huge interior with all that glass and no A/C. This was not a problem back in California, but here in AZ it limits use to half a year. It would have to be heavily insulated, tinted, and a dual AC system put in. That's a few grand right there.

Or it could be gutted and turned into a drag truck. That format is getting popular on the track, but you sure ain't gonna run into another B100 there.

Realistically, something like this would probably be best off cherrying out as stock, and doing the occasional cruise as a conversation piece. The seller obviously doesn't know how to write a decent ad, so who knows what's going to happen. Watch another Hispanic with 8 kids buy it as an urchin shuttle and subsequently run it into the ground. Argh.

Turbohunter, you wanna step up? Anyone else?

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 04:16:33 PM »
Since you’re losing interest I’ll pass it along to a buddy that I know that wants one but as for me I’m up to my eyeballs in projects. And no room.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

FElony

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 07:10:13 PM »
Since you’re losing interest I’ll pass it along to a buddy that I know that wants one but as for me I’m up to my eyeballs in projects. And no room.

Only up to your eyeballs? Mine blot out the sun. But it's fun, in a perverse and dysfunctional way.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 07:57:03 PM »
I agree.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428