FE Power Forums > The Road to Drag Week 2012

September 8, 2012 - The Road to Drag Week 2012

<< < (2/8) > >>

dieselgeek:
What a bummer.

If you're free I'm coming up there to figure out what's going on with your starting issues in the Shelby.  I've never seen TWO bad EMS-pros but it's possible I guess?  (Jay has a spare that also won't work).  Meanwhile, both EMS's did work when the engine was last dyno'd, yes?  I am wondering if there's a flaw in the EMS-pro wiring harness in the car.  The EMS just isn't getting the same signal seen down at the sensor with an oscilloscope...

afret:
Boy, that really sucks after all the hard work you guys did getting three cars ready.  At least you'll have plenty of time to test and tune the cars for next year.

KMcCullah:
I'm all for a electronically tricked out FE but I keep going back to Joe Craine's statement about the Dominators. They could have saved a bunch of time. But enough to have made Drag Week? Who knows. I'm really bummed about this though Jay. You and your team will have to wait a year for the pay off now.  :(

ToddK:
Jay and helpers, my hat goes off to you all. The effort you guys have put in over the last few weeks is incredible, what a shame to make it so close. At least now you have an early start on getting the 3 car team ready for DW2013.

fetorino:
Fielding one car at drag week in addition to a full time job is ambitious.  Attempting to field three cars at Drag week in addition to everything else you do is beyond ambitious.

You are trying to do something like summit Everest without oxygen.  It's not that it isn't possible; it's just that everything in the environment around you has to go just right for you to make it, and you could die attempting it.

Take some time to recharge your batteries before you get back at it.  I know you didn't accomplish what you had set out to but what you did accomplish is IMPRESSIVE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version