Author Topic: Grassroots Maverick  (Read 4001 times)

temarey

• View Profile
Re: Grassroots Maverick
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »
back in the dark ages when I was bracket racing at Minnesota dragways some of the most consistent winners were the slowest cars on the planet

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2018, 07:37:47 PM »
1969 Maverick was 69.5 like the Mustang in 64

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2018, 07:51:39 PM »
Felony---

If you look at Jay's Drag week history, he had a very successful outing the year he ran his Ford GT. If I remember right, one of the helps in winning was its consistency. If they allow you to 'switch horses in the middle of the stream', so to speak, run what you have to start the season.

My '72 Pinto, complete with full frame and roll-cage, chopped-top and 9", and 460 and C6 weighed 2260 on the  scale at the local boneyard.

KS
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:59:51 PM by cammerfe »

FElony

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2018, 09:31:15 PM »
Felony---

If you look at Jay's Drag week history, he had a very successful outing the year he ran his Ford GT. If I remember right, one of the helps in winning was its consistency. If they allow you to 'switch horses in the middle of the stream', so to speak, run what you have to start the season.

My '72 Pinto, complete with full frame and roll-cage, chopped-top and 9", and 460 and C6 weighed 2260 on the  scale at the local boneyard.

KS

Yes, they do allow switching cars, as the points are assigned to the driver. Guess I'll be in the CV forum for a bit. Have fun.

TomP

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2018, 09:37:19 PM »
A 69 Maverick would be listed as a 70 but differs in having a metal VIN plate rather than the sticker like other 70's. It also has the ignition switch on the dash rather than the column like other 70's.

Came out 5 years to the day after the Mustang,

The Maverick was to replace the Falcon line, hence the D part numbers... D1DE, etc.
The existing 66-70 Falcon style and the base model Torino style ones did get phased out a year later.