FE Power Forums > The Road to Drag Week 2012

August 12, 2012 - The Road to Drag Week 2012

<< < (2/2)

cdmbill2:
Jay, that's a bummer. I think we all forget how idiosyncratic our cars are; we can drive them in our sleep, but for everyone else there is a real learning curve.

For licensing, you guys may want to think about the Frank Hawley Drag Racing school alternative. That's what I had to do last year as the car was finished (sort of as it turned out) so late.

His cars are a clinic in terms of preparation as well as simplicity of operation. And the course itself was incredibly useful, I learned a lot.

I hope the damage is repairable at some point without too much expense and you all get to make the trip.

AlanCasida:
Sorry to hear that, Jay. What a bummer. At least no one was hurt. My friend Brad also suffered a major set back last weekend with his Datsun. He had just loaded it on his trailer to take to the chassis dyno guy the next morning. He went to move the trailer forward a little but had forgotten to strap the car down and it was in neutral. The car rolled of the back of the trailer, minus ramps, and when the front tires left the trailer his high dollar($2200) custom radiator got hooked on the lip of the trailer and virtually ripped it out of the car. He took it to the shop that built it and they said it was a total loss. So, he has to have a new one built and the shop said they will do their best to get it done in time but they were swamped right now.   :(

jayb:
Sorry to hear about that Alan, I was looking forward to seeing that car.  All part of the thrash to make Drag Week!

Royce:
Wow the drag week participants are sure doing their part to stimulate the economy..

If I had lunched an SOHC or destroyed my one off radiator I would probably be curled up in a ball sucking my thumb..

Great perserverence  I hope both of you make the show

jayb:

--- Quote from: Royce on August 16, 2012, 07:50:02 PM ---Wow the drag week participants are sure doing their part to stimulate the economy..

--- End quote ---

LMAO Royce!  At least until I have to write the checks...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version