Author Topic: More oil drain back questions  (Read 2244 times)

Kerry j

• View Profile
More oil drain back questions
« on: August 04, 2012, 11:23:56 AM »
OK, so I trimmed the gaskets so that they don't interfere with the drain back holes that are milled into those Edelbrock heads. That part looks fine; then I looked at the matching surface of the Blue Thunder Med Riser 8V intake manifold and there isn't any provision milled into the intake manifold like that shown on the intake Howie posted in the other thread. It appears that the only drain back I would have is the thickness of the intake gasket.

The question is; am I worried about a non-issue or do I need to grind on the intake manifold and create a channel for oil to drain back?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:26:17 AM by Kerry j »

Joe-jdc

Re: More oil drain back questions
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 02:28:24 PM »
We addressed this issue on the FE forum some time ago, with pictures.  You should use a grinder and cut a trough into the intake manifold so the oil can drain back quickly.  I use a 7/16" ball diamond cut carbide and it works great.  Do both sides of the intake, front and check the back of the manifold for the drainback there.  The front should be a mirror of the back of the manifold if you cannot visualize what I am trying to say.  Joe-JDC.