Author Topic: Carpet recommendation  (Read 1798 times)

turbohunter

• View Profile
Carpet recommendation
« on: April 24, 2018, 02:56:35 PM »
Hi guys
I’m having the wagon front seat reupholstered and while its out I should prolly replace the carpet.
Anyone have a favorite vendor? I see a lot out there but as long as I’m buying I’d like to have quality, not something that will fade in a month.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

Heo

• View Profile
Re: Carpet recommendation
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 03:14:58 PM »
I have used Auto Custom Carpet with good result
But sunshine is...not that comon and not that intensive
here ::)
Not like SOCAL

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 03:16:59 PM »
Not like SOCAL
Yup, that’s the problem.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 04:54:06 PM »
I've used ACC on three vehicles.  No issues.  Even the black that I was certain would fade is holding fast.

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 06:25:33 PM »
Marc, +1 on ACC.  Like Drew said, the black color has held fast in my Fairlane and fit is just like OEM.  Bruce
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 06:32:57 PM »
That’s a nice site they have. Thanks guys.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 08:02:32 PM »
I've used ACC a few times, and have usually been happy with their carpet, however...in 2013 I put new ACC carpet in my '66 Country Squire, the front section should have been cut and hemmed straight across, but on the drivers side it was cut on a bit of a forward curve. When I unpacked the carpet to let it unroll in the house for a couple days it wasn't really apparent if the rear section that goes underneath the front section would cover fully that space. As I got the carpet installed in the car and fully in place it became clear there would be a gap. I tried shifting the sections back & forward to minimize the gap best I could, but ultimately there was still a gap. Had the person trimming the carpet made a straight cut as it should have been, it would have been fine. Or if the rear carpet section had been a couple inches longer in the front. I'm guessing somebody just got sloppy on this set. I did end up using the carpet set, and just used a small scrap piece underneath to fill the gap. It's held in place by the scuff plate on the side, and not really noticeable unless you look for it. I also wasn't really happy with the formed area in the back section that sits in the rear footwell. On mine it wasn't really formed deep enough to reach and settle all the way to the floor, even with the padding underneath. I also figured it would be ok on mine since the back seat area really isn't getting much use, but someone with a family and people riding back there would maybe end up putting more stress on the carpet, possible causing issues long term. I bring these up since you also are intending to use it in a '66 Wagon, if you do go with the ACC carpet check it carefully all over, just in case this is an issue with their wagon pattern. All in all though, I wouldn't hesitate to use ACC carpet again. Here's a picture from my carpet install, you can see the gap in the lower part of the picture near the door edge. It's less visible once the scuff plate is installed since the plate is pretty wide. The seat in the first picture isn't in place, it's sitting rearward of where it goes, if you look close you will see the holes in the carpet where it bolts down ahead of the seat track, just FYI. Second picture shows with scuff plate and seat in place, and my "fix". 

Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 11:01:41 PM »
Well that would be annoying, thanks Kevin.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428