Author Topic: 275DEH XE274H 280H 282S  (Read 4989 times)

FElony

Re: 275DEH XE274H 280H 282S
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 09:23:21 PM »
So you're walking down the clearance aisle at Walmart. You spy a stack o' Compies with the above numbers at a killer price. You'd like to buy them all, but you just blew your paycheck buying brownies from the Rasta mon in the parking lot. Only gots moolah for one. Outside, where Rasta has picked your trunk lock and is dealing out of it, is the rarest production factory Cobra Jet car this and other forums have never actually seen. With a near-stock CJ and headers, how do you pick a cam for spirited street driving? What would change in the application to change the decision? Is the inside joke at Comp that they are all the same cam with different part numbers on the boxes? Will Rasta mon get busted and the police tow away your Jet? I gotsta know.

i think i just shat myself laughing at this post

Jusss peachy. First Dan859 drops dead in the middle of the night, and now this. I expect a lawsuit tomorrow for inducing Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Heo

• View Profile
Re: 275DEH XE274H 280H 282S
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 04:41:08 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3qCOEWIrJg&feature=youtu.be

There you have it FElony

Sounds great! Nice throttle response, too. I think once in the car, the sound out of the tail pipes will be pretty good. But, hey, if you want the 294, go for it!

Its cold there so throttle response is a little better when warmed up. With the exhaust i have now in the car 2" with H-pipe, 2 big Mercedes mufflers with 45 degree turndowns it is almost to quiet,And to restrictive.  Exhaust velocity is so high i get a wistling sound out of the tailpipe  I'm going to upgrade to 2.5 Inch with straight through mufflers
Your longer stroke and bigger volume would smoth it out even more i think
I dont mind the smoth idle but think it lack a little ...punch.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 04:48:16 AM by Heo »

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it