FE Power Forums > Warning - Buyer Beware

Sideoiler Garage Aluminium Block

(1/1)

McGaviR:
Hi fellow FE fans, I would like to put a call out for some assistance. In April of this year (2017), we ordered a new Sideoiler Garage aluminium block directly from Tim Mcloughlin on the understanding it was ready for dispatch by the end of the week. Unfortunately the block was never dispatched and after several weeks of limited communication it turned out that all the blocks recently cast were defective. At our request and on the basis of being unable to supply, Tim agreed to return our funds. Unfortunately it is now December and we are yet to see our monies returned. The last promise was made in September which confirmed the refund by the end of October. We have been sympathetic to the casting faults and I understand several batches after the April castings have also proven to be defective, but I think we have suffered enough! Tim is now proving to be impossible to contact. At least weekly i call and leave messages, send text messages and email, however the vast majority are ignored. I have had no contact since September. Any advice or suggestions on how I might be able to contact Tim in the hope we can bring this disaster to a satisfactory end?

jayb:
I can't provide any suggestions, and have no personal experience but from what I have been told by others it may take a long time, but you will eventually get either a block or your money.  This is based on their experience with Tim.  Long delays seem very common...

McGaviR:
Thanks for your post Jay. I am still hopefull that we hear from Tim shortly regarding our SOG side oiler block 'purchase'. It has been a long and distressing wait given we were expecting it to be shipped in April and it is now December. We have been sympathetic to the casting issues experienced but the lack of communication along with the failure to return our monies as promised on several occasions is getting hard to swallow. Hopefully Tim or someone who knows him will see these posts and it prompts some positive action.

Barry_R:
You and I spoke on the phone.
Tim has been a "challenge" to deal with.
It could be worse - wish I was only in for one block...

McGaviR:
Hi Barry and thanks for your post. The rotating assembly and the various other goodies that we purchased through you earlier this year are taking pride of place in our shed......thank you again!
It is just unfortunate that we can't finish the project though. This project has been a long time dream of my fathers and the aim was to have it ready for his 70th Birthday. That milestone passed a couple of weeks ago and it is gut wrenching that the project has been halted. I still remain hopeful that Tim will do the right thing by both of us. For me that is the return of our money as promised back in May. It would be a well welcomed Christmas present!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version