Author Topic: FE Inline Autolite 2x4 - Mickey Thompson - Sold  (Read 2273 times)

kcoffield

• View Profile
    • inlinecarb.com
FE Inline Autolite 2x4 - Mickey Thompson - Sold
« on: November 26, 2017, 07:07:03 PM »
Picture #1: Offered for sale is an extremely rare Mickey Thompson Inline Autolite 2x4 Induction system for FE Ford Big Block. This auction includes everything shown in Picture #1. This intake is very similar to the Mickey Thompson Dual Four Crossram for conventional Holley carbs except was purpose cast with carb pads for two Inline Autolite fours barrels. It is rumored there only a couple of these intakes cast. Those familiar with the MT Crossram know that it requires a distributor extension which is included with this system.

Picture #2: Shown with CNC machined velocity stacks, adapter, and vstack screens and filters.

Picture #3: Shown with reference height dimensions. The system dimensions are 3” shorter without the velocity stacks and adapter. The height dimensions shown ¾” less with the engraved air filter assemblies

Picture #4 & #5: Shows close up of linkage. The linkage is configured so the shafts on each carb rotate the opposite direction to promote symmetric flow. Each carburetor has a return spring, and there is a redundant outboard return spring on the accelerator lever. All linkage is stainless steel and the rod ends are Teflon lined so they do not require lubrication that collects dirt and fowls the linkage. All fuel lines are braided stainless with anodized aluminum Earl’s fittings. Tough not visible in this picture (see picture #3) there is a custom billet aluminum fuel log with a single -8AN inlet and gauge port. The fuel log also serves as the mounting post for the linkage wheel.

Picture #6: Shows the custom CNC’d velocity stacks and adapter. There is an o-ring gland milled around the perimeter to seal to the carb casting. The small filters vent the main wells to the exterior of the stacks and seal with o-rings in the main well ports on top of the carbs.

Picture #7: The intake is unported and shown are reference dimensions.

$7950 plus shipping and insurance

I have a lot of experience and am well known to those that are fans of Inline Autolite Carbs. This is the only such intake I have ever seen or heard of. It would be a great addition to a special FE powered car. The system is restored and built to a very high standard and ready to run, or assume it’s place in your collection. This system will be packed in a custom built wooden crate. I do not charge for packaging but buyer will be responsible for actual shipping charges and mandatory shipping insurance.

I have other Inline Autolite Carb induction systems, rebuild parts, and can adapt them to most Ford engines. kcoffield@inlinecarb.com, www.inlinecarb.com

Best,
Kelly
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 12:49:15 PM by kcoffield »

scott foxwell

Re: FE Inline Autolite 2x4 - Mickey Thompson
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 08:39:36 PM »
Any dyno or performance information on this set up?

kcoffield

• View Profile
    • inlinecarb.com
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 09:19:05 PM »
Any dyno or performance information on this set up?

No dyno info. Never mounted, never run. The performance spectrum is probably as wide as the long block you would bolt it to but it wouldn't be a grocery getter.

Thanks for your post and interest.

Best,
Kelly

Dumpling

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 07:40:42 PM »
How long have they been sitting and do you have a gasket kit?  I assume these have idle circuits?

kcoffield

• View Profile
    • inlinecarb.com
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 10:32:09 PM »
I restore the carbs as a hobby, am well known to Inline enthusiasts, and have doing so for almost 20 years now. My website: www.inlinecarb.com. You may need to right click to expand the pictures depending upon your browser. If you go to the parts for sale tab and click the button on that page you'll get parts and prices including gaskets. Yes, they have idle circuits....the notion that they didn't was an internet myth. If you look at the manual at my website you can see how they are equipped.

The carbs on this system are restored to a high standard with all new gaskets and rubber parts all of which are only a couple months old. The internals are clean as a whistle and haven't seen fuel since rebuild. The braided stainless fuel lines, fittings and fuel log have never seen fuel. All jets and bleeds have been gauged. All steel parts have been re-plated and are fresh and bright. The linkage is very smooth and no lash. -Aesthetically and mechanically they are as good as it gets.

Best,
Kelly
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:47:23 PM by kcoffield »