FE Power Forums > Warning - Buyer Beware

Survival

(1/2) > >>

hossfish77:
Would just like people to know that I orderd and paid for, a stroker kit, cam and lifters from Barry on Febuary 17th. I was told it would take 3 to 4 weeks. My order was finally fulfilled yesterday and way to many excuses. Don't want to bad mouth Barry, just want people to expect delays when ordering from Survival Motorsports.

jayb:
I think Barry and the rest of the parts vendors are hamstrung by what their suppliers tell them.  I know, for example, that Barry has been having a very hard time getting pistons recently.  As he has explained it to me, the manufacturer will give Barry a date, which he passes along to his customers.  Then, the manufacturer misses the date, and doesn't inform Barry about it.  Might take another 4 weeks or 8 weeks or more for Barry to get the originally promised parts.  Same thing with heads, cranks, etc.  The manufacturers can't keep their promises, and sometimes its not even their fault; Scat was not able to deliver cranks for a long period because of the dockworker's strike on the west coast a while back.  Containers of cranks sitting on the docks, not moving...

For what its worth, I've known Barry a long time and he is one of the people in this business who I prefer to deal with.

hossfish77:
I understand that it isn't always the vendors fault, but honesty will go a long ways when talking to customers. I am happy with my stroker kit and am not trying to badmouth Barry. I just think customers should know ahead of time that it could take months to get your order.

Stangman:
When I had originally talked to Barry about stroker kit and putting shortblock together he told me that he was extremely busy that he wasnt sure how long it would take . I told him thanks for the heads up Im sending it anyway. Hey I lucked out and it was done in a timely manner but he was honest about the possibility of it taking a long time, like Jay and Brent said they dont want it to take a long time, having my own business for 24 years nobody wants to sit on a car or engine in this case they want to get it in get it done and get paid. ;)

FirstEliminator:
With just 3 posts, that's a great way to make an introduction.    For those that operate a specialized service, it would be nice to have several clones to make sure everything gets done the way you'd do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version