Author Topic: In search of.......  (Read 2192 times)

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
In search of.......
« on: February 22, 2020, 08:19:40 PM »
Where is Leonard Nimoy when I need him?  I need an upper distributor for a Mickey Thompson Cross Ram manifold.  I have the correct lower piece.  I need one to dyno with on carbs.  I'll have to machine the customer's dual synch for dual EFI throttle bodies, but I just need to run the engine before we ship.  Any help appreciated.
Blair Patrick

bsprowl

• View Profile
    • Ford FE Information
Re: In search of.......
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 10:24:33 PM »
I can ship one Monday.

Bob

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 10:37:45 PM »
Sent you back an email.  This forum is the best!

Thank you,  Mr. Bob

BP
Blair Patrick

Tommy-T

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 01:09:53 PM »
I would be interested in the dyno testing of the M/T cross ram inducted engine. What was the combination that worked best for that intake?

Over curious cross ram users want to know!

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 09:03:14 PM »
It is ready to run.  We should get to run it in the next week or so.  This is a 486 cube stroker BBM block, with a set of BBM heads with my prep.  I put the hydraulic roller cam on a 112 separation for the fuel injection.  We will dyno on carbs.  The engine came to me with problems, which have been corrected.  I had to modify the dual synch distributor for the EFI.  I borrowed the dual point distributor from Bob Sprowl for dyno.  It has the oiler hole in the distributor housing to give the bushings a drink.  I ended up milling a window in the FAST distributor housing, and then I drilled a hole in the manifold to inject pressurized oil in on the shaft.  I tapped into the filter bracket with a 1/16 pipe thread, and ran a #3 AN  braided brake line up there to the distributor with a .015 restriction.  It's been a pain in the tail, but it will be nice.

I think one of these manifolds would really benefit from port injection.  The center runners are going to be rich when the injectors are in the throttle bodies.  Tuneable port injection would cure that in short order.  I think I can stagger the jets and help it on carbs, but it will be challenging to tune the TBIs.  Some of the better PCMs like the Holley Dominator could be tuned with some time and effort, but it will require eight O2 sensors in the primary tubes to get to the bottom of it.

I will have a little insight on carb tuning for it in a week or so.  PM me your email or a mobile phone number and I'll send you some pics of this rig.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 09:09:03 PM by CaptCobrajet »
Blair Patrick