Author Topic: Facet electric Fuel pump dependibility question  (Read 2968 times)

FERoadster

• View Profile
Facet electric Fuel pump dependibility question
« on: January 23, 2017, 07:50:33 PM »
The local Cobra builder here in town quit building them and gave me quite a few FE parts.
Included were 4 Facet brand  new Universal Electronic fuel pumps. Checked online and saw they are about $90 new but I couldn't fine many reviews.
Has anyone here had experience with them? I don't see a model # on the pump.

Richard >>> FERoadster

chris401

Re: Facet electric Fuel pump dependibility question
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 07:24:15 PM »
Do you have a picture? I ran a couple in the early 90's. One was Holley and the other may have been a Facet. I forgot the name till I read your post. It looked like a large plain metal fuel filter with a red and a black pad under the post terminals.

Both were loud and neither lasted more than a year.

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 07:36:30 PM »
I've only used them on diesels as lift pumps.  Seems I'd throw them away once every year or so and replace them.  I didn't notice them being loud, but it's pretty deafening in an engineroom.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 12:41:46 PM »
Looks a bit cheezy to me.  I have been using Mallory g-rotor units for years and have had excellent life out of them.  The 70 and 110 units are self-regulated.  They are also quiet.  I typically run 140s with a return system in the door cars.  The last 140 I had to replace had been in service 11 years.   Holley vane type pump = jackhammer bolted to the car frame

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 03:47:04 PM »
I've used a couple of the cube style.  One runs my Onan genset the other was on my '89 F150 when I converted it to carb.

http://www.facet-purolator.com/cube-fuel-pumps.php

No complaints as of yet.

I run a Mallory 140 on the wagon.  It's going on near 20 yrs now without issue(did I just jinx it?).

Holley Blue?  You can't get away from the noise!!!
Larry

FERoadster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 12:27:29 PM »
The 4 I have are the round Gold Flo version.
One of them has "stopped" written on it and was clearly used. That's the reason for the question.
I know he started using these after my supply of SW 240's dried up and I'm not sure which pump he changed too after the Facet. I think it was a Holley.
Thanks for responces
Richard