FE Power Forums > The Road to Drag Week 2016

Drag Week Picture

(1/1)

thatdarncat:
One cool thing from Drag Week is meeting new people. It's been a lot of fun to meet both people you see on the forums and others that have just come out to watch. I think everyday I met at least one person also who follow one of the FE forums, they just haven't signed up or posted. I get that, I used to lurk too. At Indy this year I met Ken A. He sent me a few pictures of my Shelby from when we were at Indy for Drag Week last year and he has sent me a few from this year. Ken sent me this one today of Jay at Indy. One thing I find neat about this picture is that Jay's car is nice and clear, the color "pops", but the burnout smoke kind of hazes the background.

machoneman:
That is a great pic!  :)

jayb:
That is a nice shot; thanks for posting that, Kevin.  Yesterday at the track I ran 9.07 with poor traction and only a 1.36 60 foot, but noticed a lot of blowby coming out of the catch can attached to the dry sump tank.  So I only made the one pass; time to pull the engine back down and see if the connecting rod crack has re-appeared, or if the oil ring rails have moved again.  Also #1 plug looked pretty oily, so I'm guessing the blowby problem is coming from that cylinder.  When I tear the engine down I will post the results...

thatdarncat:
Here's a picture I snapped from yesterday at Rock Falls of Jay and the gang doing some post run diagnosis of his pass.

57 lima bean:
Heard Royce is giving up on the Lima stuff as he grenaded his engine.That Mercury wagon needs the MEL anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version