Author Topic: Want to connect 3 things to the oil pressure sending port...  (Read 7056 times)

Yellow Truck

• View Profile
Re: Want to connect 3 things to the oil pressure sending port...
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 08:41:38 AM »
Len - I will watch it closely. The oil filter fitting is not an easy one to find.
1969 F100 4WD (It ain't yellow anymore)
445 with BBM heads, Prison Break stroker kit, hydrualic roller cam, T&D rockers, Street Dominator Intake with QFT SS 830.

Paul.

66FAIRLANE

• Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 09:36:27 AM »
For electric pump shut off you can use a tachometric relay (Bosch make one) or the relay that LPG cars use. Fits under dash, no extra crap in engine bay.

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2016, 07:25:57 PM »
Ya gotta be close to fire-up, will there be video?  Always good when another FE joins the land of the living 8)
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

Yellow Truck

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 11:37:21 PM »
Len, yes there will be. Set up the throttle linkage tonight, need to purge the PS system because I'm routing it through the transmission cooler in the rad (rad was from an F250 with an automatic and a transmission cooler so I re-purposed it) and I need to flush it tomorrow. Pressure tested the cooling system and found a leak where the hose was not tight enough. Need to get the oil pump drive in and the dizzy on, wire up the fuel pump, put some gas in it and ... pray?

Never done this before so I'm pretty excited. Oh yes, need to put the insurance back on it tomorrow.
445 with BBM heads, Prison Break stroker kit, hydrualic roller cam, T&D rockers, Street Dominator Intake with QFT SS 830.

Paul.

Yellow Truck

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 10:16:50 AM »
For electric pump shut off you can use a tachometric relay (Bosch make one) or the relay that LPG cars use. Fits under dash, no extra crap in engine bay.

Andy, I looked up "tachometric relay" and I see what they do, but I'm curious where you would get the low oil pressure signal to trigger the relay?. Do you use the idiot light signal?

Paul.