FE Power Forums > Private Classifieds

Diamond Pistons

(1/1)

jayb:
These pistons are the ones I replaced when I upgraded the power target of my high riser build.  They are from Diamond and are for a 4.390" bore, so an aftermarket block will be required to use them.  They are ceramic coated on the tops and graphite coated on the skirts, and come complete with pins and also a complete ring set, 1/16 - 1/16 - 3/16.  The package has been mocked up, and the rings have been file fit to my block, but the engine never ran with these pistons and rings installed.  I have over $1500 in the whole package; sell for $750.  Email me at jayb@fepower.net, or send me a PM, if you are interested.

FirstEliminator:
   Hey Jay,

Wit a 4.39 bore at 545 ci. Was the stroke 4.5? I have a 4.5 stroker crank and 6.7 rods to make a 545 from a 460 and need pistons.

Hmmm, the compression might be wrong for my application.

Do you think it's work in a 460 block?

Mark

jayb:
Mark, I don't think the valve reliefs would be right to work in a 429-460 application, unless the lift was very limited and the valves never got into the relief area.  You are correct that the stroke was 4.500".  The pin size is .990", same as a big block Chev, so you would probably have to use Chev rods if you determined that the valve reliefs weren't an issue.  Thanks, Jay

FirstEliminator:
   Hey Jay,

After I sent the messgae, I was thinking about valve reliefs. It probably wouldn't work since the 460 has canted valves.

Mark
  Berkshire Transmissions
North Adams, Massachusetts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version