FE Power Forums > Private Classifieds

Cammer Distributor

(1/1)

sportyworty:
I have here what is believed to be an original Cammer Distributor. It is a FoMoCo dual point
C5AF 12127 BY dated 5KA. It is also my understanding this is a one year only part and that the 65 production engine used a different distributor. Can anyone verify my research is correct and is there any interest in these or do most go after market on distributors. I am going to sell it and want the description to be accurate. Also curious if true what the 65 Cammer called out for OEM Distributors. It will be priced was the ID has been determined.
Thanks in advance for any heads up.

Kerry

jayb:
According to my SOHC book, "Ford 427 Single Overhead Cam Engine Service Manual", the distributor part number is C5AF-12127-BY, which is what you've got.  I don't know what the stock Ford distributor was, or if it was any different.  My book says the following about the distributor:

"The distributor uses a dual breaker system consisting of two pair of low-mass tungsten contacts.  The reduction in mass permits higher rpm's with lower contact tension, thus reducing breaker cam wear.  The distributor cam is precision ground and hand buffed to further minimize the high speed rubbing block wear.  The cam and shaft assemblies are selectively fitted so that a running distributor properly supported at the driven end - as in an engine installation - will have a firing point spread from cylinder to cylinder within 1/2 degree of camshaft timing."

No idea on the value, but most original SOHC stuff is expensive.  I always use aftermarket distributors in my engines, due to their electronic triggering and their easy availability.

sportyworty:
Thank you very much for taking the time. I posted pics and yes the cam is highly polished.

sportyworty:
n/m

sportyworty:
Sold

thanks for the space Jay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version