Author Topic: Why can't we do this?  (Read 12346 times)

FElony

Why can't we do this?
« on: September 25, 2015, 05:07:23 PM »
Why are Ford guys such pussies? Where are the beater phast phords? Is it up to me? Do I really have to build the El Alacran Ranchero? Should I jump ship to Mopar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRh5KIVO3CM

mlcraven

• View Profile
Re: Why can't we do this?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 07:34:16 PM »
Why would we want to...General Mayhem is a RoadKill click-bait stunt, significantly aided and abetted by Dodge
Michael

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 08:42:29 PM »
Pussies??  Some of us just got back from beating our junk at Drag Week and you think we're pussies??  Tell you what, Felony, you get Ford to send me a 700HP Shelby Mustang engine and trans at no charge, and I'll drop it in my friend BradFORD's Pinto and we'll film some tire shredding action.  We'll make that Charger look like a Prius. ;D ;D

Meanwhile, FElony, don't YOU be a pussy - Get a car ready for Drag Weekend!  After all, its right in your back yard, and I want to read your day by day account...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:13:19 PM by jayb »
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 10:24:02 PM »
ouch!

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 06:40:18 AM »
Right on Jay....

The only "sponsor" I have is that old guy from AA :-)

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 07:02:54 AM »
Pussies??  Some of us just got back from beating our junk at Drag Week and you think we're pussies??  Tell you what, Felony, you get Ford to send me a 700HP Shelby Mustang engine and trans at no charge, and I'll drop it in my friend BradFORD's Pinto and we'll film some tire shredding action.  We'll make that Charger look like a Prius. ;D ;D

Meanwhile, FElony, don't YOU be a pussy - Get a car ready for Drag Weekend!  After all, its right in your back yard, and I want to read your day by day account...

HaHaHa!

Felony is the biggest pussy on forum by far. Claims to have 30, 60 different cars but not a single one of them runs much rather goes down the road on its own.

I would be willing to put money on it he will never have one that drives much rather than actually make it on drag-weekend. 1/4 mile pass only if someone helped him push it.

That would really be nice like Hot ROd did. Get FREE engine then have someone else get it running and driving.

It would be the ONLY way felony will ever get one of his torino's etc on the road is if someone does it for him!  Beginning to think all his cars are 1/24 or 1/18 scale . . LOL

Yeah, Felony that's a "dare" because I know as well as you do it will never happen . .

Sell off some of that junk so you will actually get at least one car on the road.

Last project he has had going was years ago in the form of a Schwinn bike.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 09:25:19 AM »
My post was actually in jest, although in re-reading it maybe I wasn't clear about that.  I know that Felony has got some cool stuff, and I really would like to see him run Drag Weekend, even if its just to participate.  His command of the English language is really good, and I'll bet he'd offer a unique perspective on the event, that would be a great read.  C'mon Felony, throw an FE together and make the trip!
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 09:28:42 AM »
Get a car ready for Drag Weekend!  .... I want to read your day by day account...

Now THAT would be an epic read. Something I'd actually pay for (even if not very much).
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 11:45:52 AM »
My post was actually in jest, although in re-reading it maybe I wasn't clear about that.  I know that Felony has got some cool stuff, and I really would like to see him run Drag Weekend, even if its just to participate.  His command of the English language is really good, and I'll bet he'd offer a unique perspective on the event, that would be a great read.  C'mon Felony, throw an FE together and make the trip!

Mine was too. I know Felony, he has been to my place a few times. Sold him some stuff.

Just prodding him a bit to actually put something on the road . . He has some cool cars & tons of parts. He just needs to get at least one driving . .

He is very good at dishing it out so he should be able to take a bit . .

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 11:50:09 AM »
Having had several set-tos with Felony myself, I'll stick my neck out a little bit on this one. Felony sees himself as an Agent Provocateur and his comments are often quite 'in-your-face' and also, I'm sure, 'tongue-in-cheek' at least to some extent. He probably won't like it that I'm sticking up for him; that's part of why I'm doing so. ;)

To his point, I'd like to think that Ford enthusiasts have enough common sense to use the proper vehicle for the job. I think of Freiburger's project as a waste of the hardware. And rather sophomoric.

Tip-'o'-the hat to ya, Felony.

KS

427Fastback

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 12:38:34 PM »
I clearly saw the humour in Jays post.I am sure FElony will see it and have something very interesting to say as soon as he is released on his weekend pass...
1968 Mustang Fastback...427 MR 5spd (owned since 1977)
1967 Mustang coupe...Trans Am replica
1936 Diamond T 212BD
1990 Grizzly pick-up

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 01:52:17 PM »
 Group hug....OK, I guess I'll have to get the el camino out & burn the tires off just to be a dick. :o
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

FElony

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2015, 04:11:01 PM »
OK you scalawags, let me make my first post a leetle clearer. I wasn't actually referring to them nailing a big motor from Dodge, but the idea of building that Charger with a motor home 440, throwing it into a beater with no interior and one window, and wompin' the bejeezuz out of it on dirt roads. If you didn't see the end of this episode, it is headed back to the dirt course with the new engine aboard. That, to me, regardless of where the motor came from, is just too kool fer skool.

So, again, does every car the FE guys churn out have to be magazine bait? Driven to and from shows in nice weather?

Yes, my cars are all a figment of my imagination. I've fielded emails in the past accusing me of this. The stuff I bought from Time Warp I was just to fake him out (easily done, considering his geriatric condition). I actually sold them on Craigslist the next day for half of what I paid. The warden does not like me keeping vintage parts in my cell.

And as for Sheffer's comment that Freiburger's effort is sophomoric, that may be. However, I like sophomoric. Sophomoric is entertaining. Where does it say this hobby is supposed to be cultured and refined? If anything, F&F's mistakes should teach everyone to think ahead and double check your work lest you be stuck on the side of the road like them. I don't like the fact that the show picked up a big sponsor, but as a Hellcat fan I could think of worse choices. However, if it makes the boys more money, then that is what makes America. None o' y'all forgetses that there were 40-some episodes of this before Dodge came along. Every endeavor should have a payoff, even if you have to do 15 years in lockup with a warden who drives a Chevy, who has no clue what part of the desert you hid the goods in.

Butt, I digress.

FElony

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2015, 04:34:35 PM »

OK, OK. I'll get started. Should be easy since they're all in 1/24 scale. Look for a new thread in the projects forum soon. Meow!

Should be interesting to what they do with checkpoints between tracks. It's not as if there's any shortcuts, unless you drive a Raptor. Or a HumVee. I live 35 miles from the Phx location, so I could feasibly go home after the Tucson race and mosey on over the next morning. Likewise, after the second venue, I could go home to pack supplies for the California trip. The problem is I'll have to do it solo, as I know nobody whatsoever that knows how work on old cars, or has a bladder that can survive a 340-mile jaunt through the desert.

Of course, that vehicle won't be registered or insured, so I'll have to use the one from my truck and hope I don't get pulled over. The Cal arrest warrant issued for me in 2002 should be cleaned up, but being Cal I wouldn't bet on it.

I hope I don't see any titty bars in Tucson near the track, or I may get to the sign-in stand a couple days late.

FElony

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 02:54:47 PM »
Well, I just read up on the rules for Drag Weekend, and I have to say that many of them eliminate me from the start. So, I'm out. There is a hint that the event next year might be a full week similar to the north program. That would make it impossible for sure. I'll be in the stands for the Phoenix run on the 30th.

The car I was going to use is slated to get a 390 at some point, but it looks like I may use the 351 that's in it now to get it sorted out. Thus, it's buildup is off-topic here, so there will be no thread in the Project forum.