FE Power Forums > Warning - Buyer Beware

Buyer Beware - Bill Coon

(1/9) > >>

jayb:
See the post in the Non-FE discussion forum for details on my experience buying from Mr. Coon:

http://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=293.0

babybolt:
I have a pending legal case with Bill Coon, otherwise I would post many more facts.

One thing I can tell you for sure, in just about every instance you mention his name in the car crowd around the downriver area of Detroit, the first thing they say is: "You mean he is still alive, someone hasn't killed him yet?"

jayb:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/74182/message/1329407137/Coon+got+me+too

jayb:
From Earl Balzen:

When Coon first started this head deal, his information guy was a farmer who was his financial backer. This fellow ( I can't remember his name) told me to contact Bill direct. He told me to send him $1000 down payment and I was #9 on the list and my heads would be ready in about a month and a half. A few months went by and I saw on the FE forum that he was delivering heads to all kind of people. I called and he told me to send the $4000 and my heads would ship next week.I called him and said "where are my heads". He said my heads were ready and to send him $124 and some odd cents for shipping costs. I asked him to ship them now and I would have a check in the mail. He said he didn't do business that way and he would ship them when he got the money for freight. I sent the money. After a couple of weeks and no heads, i called and was told " I'll send them when I feel like it. You got a set of heads from that guy in California and I'm not in a hurry to send your heads."
About 4 months went by with me calling him every few days and him saying he would ship them in a day or so. After about 5 months, I hired a lawyer in Austin,Texas to contact contact him that a lawsuit would be filed if he didn't ship the heads. He told the lawyer he would ship them the next day. After a couple of weeks and no heads, the lawyer called him again and he said he would ship them that day and would call him with the shipping #. A couple of weeks go by and no shipping # and no heads !!! The lawyer called him and they got in a big cuss fight with my attorney telling him what a big crook he was and we would see him in court.

We would have to file suit in Michigan so my lawyer rounded up an attorney there. Suit filed --court date set. His lawyer showed up at court with $5000 and that was the end of it. My lawyer said that since there were no written contracts, that was the best we could do. Court cost and attorney fees cost were over $3000.  wHAT A GREAT LEGAL SYTEM WE HAVE---ONLY THE LAWYERS AND CROOKS MAKE MONEY

machoneman:
For those interested in this sad and continuing saga, go to the FE Forum and search on Roger Gordon's or Bill Coon's names. Lots of posts recently (late February/March 2012) over there on why the heads continue to sit unfinished, others who have gotten burned and some great ideas on how Coon can 'fix' his dilemma.

Kudos btw to Bob Hasty for carrying the torch (a search on his name will invariably bring up two sides: those who blast Coon and the few odd fellows who unbelievably support him) and for standing up for those who don't want to lose their hard-earned money to a couple of cons.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version