Author Topic: Dyno sheet for Blair Patrick build with BBM block  (Read 11078 times)

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
Re: Dyno sheet for Blair Patrick build with BBM block
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 07:52:30 PM »
Blair,
got a new BBM block and heads, going to put them together myself. Any tips on things I should look for or modifications that need to be done to these parts, or is it a pretty straight forward build with these parts.

Both the heads and the blocks are very good.  Anytime you build "new" stuff, as opposed to rebuilding something that has already been in a running state, you should check EVERYTHING.  The bare heads will, of course, need the guides reamed and honed before any other prep can be done.  The blocks I have worked on so far, are ready for inspection, honing, and any finish machining.  I did have to drill the feed hole from the #1 cam bore to intersect with the thrust bolt hole in order to oil the distributor.  You could also do it by drilling a .020 to .030 hole in the galley plug in the distributor hole, so it could pee down on the gear and the pilot hole area.  With these or any NEW block, be sure to check things like the distributor fit, lifter bore size, etc.  I did a little deburr on the bottom of a few lifter bores, but overall, nothing major.  Assume nothing on new parts...........check everything for yourself. JMO.
Blair Patrick