FE Power Forums > The Road to Drag Week 2014

Dragweek 2015...

(1/3) > >>

65er:
Time to start getting ready, it's not as far away as you think!

Seriously, I'd love to see you get your rod together over the Winter, sort it out in the Spring, enjoy the HELL out of it and beat it to death in the Summer then go kick ass in September with a well sorted and very familiar ride.  Maybe you thrive on stress so I'll give you a nearer deadline to be ready.  Monday Feb 2, Groundhog day!  Git er done!  ;)

That goes for Jay and everybody.  I feel strongly that you should have a chance to thoroughly enjoy your toys.  I'm getting ready RIGHT NOW for DW 2017,  Hope I'll be able to get that week off from work!

jayb:
I'm thinking about it already, but I'm very concerned about their proposed rules changes.  The new rules basically legislate my Shelby clone out of the competition unless I want to run Unlimited.  They did the same thing when they change the rules in 2010, and my Galaxie could no longer compete except in Unlimited.  I wrote Hot Rod a long email about the proposed rules this year but did not get a response, so I don't know what they think; we'll see what happens when the new rules are finalized later this month.  If the Galaxie and Shelby clone are not legal for any of the normal classes, I may just skip Drag Week next year...

65er:
Daggonit, that sucks!  I sure do hope they end up with a decent slot for you to compete.  But competition or not, I sincerely hope you get to enjoy your badass ride for more than one week out of the year.  Feb 2 deadline still stands!!

bluef100fe:
I wanted to go to drag week with my truck one of these years but it seems hot rod is changing the rules for the daily driver class also dropping the ET cap down too 10.00 from 10.80.... I probably wouldn't make the top 32 car field with that change I think the ET cut off last year was in the 12.0 / 11.9 range so I would have had a chance last year but no dice now unless the truck gets a bigger engine a better rearend and at least a roll bar oh then there's magically making it run in the 10's lol... Maybe someday... Good luck to anybody who attempts drag week

thatdarncat:
I had exactly the same thoughts you did Cody about the proposed 10.00 sec cutoff in Daily Driver, however I'll say at this point they are still the proposed rules, Hot Rod is taking comments by e-mail for a few more days, there is still time to let them know how you feel. It's hard to say how many faster cars will jump to Daily Driver if all the changes happen, but this past year I only saw about 3 cars consistently in the 10's that made it to the final day, it's always possible the bump spot won't move too far off the high 11's.  I will also say after riding with Joel this year that we had fun even though Joel knew his car wouldn't make the 32 car show. It's spendy for sure, but a fun vacation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version