FE Power Forums > The Road to Drag Week 2014

Drag Week 2014, Registration and Test 'n Tune

<< < (2/11) > >>

My427stang:

--- Quote from: TomP on September 07, 2014, 10:51:51 PM ---Man, bummer, the car looked and sounded so good. I did notice smoke on the pass but never saw where you were pitted.  :-\
 I can imagine the oil pan doesn't come off easily to inspect. Possible something non critical like a leftover bolt or tool fell in and got punched through and maybe JB Weld would fix 'er up.

A suppose it is better to find out there than on the road 200 miles away.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking the same thing, but as much as I'd love to hear he JB Welded it and pressed on bravely, man I don't think I'd have the guts to pull it off :)

So sorry to hear Jay

Joe-JDC:
Look for evidence of something going through the intake.  That would be my suspicion from the noise last week.  It has made its way to the pan during the run.  I have seen things imbedded in the tops of pistons that ran quiet then let go.  Do a compression check before pulling the engine.  Bummer!  Joe-JDC

Bolted to Floor:
Jay, I always enjoy your weekly updates for Drag Week, to read the next chapter in a story. This was not the ending I was expecting.  :(  I bet you weren’t either. I think your making the right decision to put the car back on the trailer. Can you swap classes and race the tow truck? 

frankenfords:
My heart sank a little as I approached the bottom of the posting. Apparently gremlins are  non-discriminating and don't differentiate between the best and worst of us. I don't blame you at all for pulling out while it still moves under it's own power, I'd have done the same thing. Major huge bummer.

65er:
That's just gut-wrenching Jay. So sorry to hear this happened. What a cool setup too, would have been great to see you do well with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version