FE Power Forums > Warning - Buyer Beware

Question for the members regarding this board

<< < (2/6) > >>

Drew Pojedinec:
the negative feedback toward Barry and DSC are of the same format.
They complain, say they never got anything, and disappear.  They are not members here really, least not participating ones.
In both threads, the vendor and many other people spoke up in the vendors behalf.

I am 100% certain if Barry or Dennis for example had a manifold like a Blue Thunder that was supposed to be drop shipped and the order got strung out 9 weeks they would have responded favorably to any phone calls or emails regarding a refund.

That one regarding Barry (or was it Harry?  pullleaze) well just the way he put all that it sure smelled like bad press, almost sounded like someone that is a vendor of comparable products.  I was waiting for a sales pitch at the end of it, ie "I went to Joe's BullshitSpeed Shop and got great service, they even installed the manifold for me for free!"

Anyone with any common sense can see the reality of the situation.  I say leavem and lockem.

mmason:
I think having a complaint department is a little unfair to the vendor and to the on line readers. As you can see someone says what they think (as in bad) and the defenders have to come to the rescue.

If on the other hand you had a place to post your experience with a certain vendor you then could get the big picture like when you buy something on Amazon.com and read all the reviews.

In Barry's case, say if he had 30 reviews and 29 of them said they got an excellent product even though many had to wait longer than expected and one person had a bad experience, you could then  figure that you are going to get a good product but you might have to wait for it. The one bad review you could safely dismiss.

machoneman:
Leave it as is.....for all the reasons mentioned above. I've noticed that these posters are a lot like a drive-by shooting.......they never return to the scene, undercutting the validity of their posts. JMO

65er:
I'd leave them alone and be sure to voice support for the good folks.  I just think it's healthy to hear from all sides.   I haven't had dealings to be able to comment on DSC or Survival but if I had, I'd be sure to stand up for them.  I would at least have some good stuff to say about Brent if someone started ragging on B2 Motorsports for instance.   

428GT500:
I am at a bit of a loss as to why we would want to remove the post. Many of us trade/purchase from people and vendors here. If there is a history of poor transactions, I would want to know before I funded something via Paypal, USPS money order or whatever monetary form you choose to purchase with.  I also see more issues becoming common as the economy declines.  The purpose is to protect the community here from unscrupulous shit bags, especially like Coon and FPP, which is sounds to me like they are very similar in operation. Leave them be, and if you have an issue, have the testicular fortitude to use your regular handle, not one you conjured up to trash an individual or their company.
                                                                                                        -Keith

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version