Author Topic: Explosion on 54  (Read 6832 times)

cammerfe

• View Profile
Explosion on 54
« on: October 06, 2013, 09:35:30 AM »
It seems that things have, predictably, gone rapidly down hill over at the '54' Forum. I'd post this there but things have descended to such an extent that it's probably better to just let things be.

But considering the hostility that popped-up regarding your recounting of facts, Jay, I do think it bears saying that I believe we all have a responsibility to to issue warnings of bad experiences.

The personal attacks on you were completely un-called-for. Nastiness from some quarters is just to be expected. I was quite surprised at some of it!

KS

mammyjammer

• View Profile
Re: Explosion on 54
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 10:57:09 AM »
Once Jay started this forum, my 54 viewing has steadily dropped, and I have not been over there in weeks.
Once a forum loses it's ability to have civil debate it loses me as a participant.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 11:00:47 AM »
I haven't even seen it, Ken, I just put up my post and left.  But it is certainly predictable given some of the low lifes that hang out at the FE Forum.  Too bad, because there's a lot of great people there too.  Situations like this are why I started this forum.

And I have no idea what is wrong with Dave Shoe's head.  By making statements like the one in his post he is contributing to good people getting screwed out of their money.  That kind of behavior is just unconscionable in my opinion.  I don't even want to be associated with people like that.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 12:21:39 PM »
In the future I will be posting more pictures on the "Warning - Buyer Beware" section in the Private Classified here at Jay's site. 

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 04:56:47 PM »
Yeah, I was going to post a notice to you Jay but ya'know, the whole Bill Coon/Roger Gordon show is getting pretty old. But, I also agree with your post re: Dave Shoe and literally could not believe what he wrote!

I've always had a great deal of respect for Shoe, across 2 other Ford sites btw, and what he brought to the party....up until a Coon episode awhile ago. That got me thinking.

Now, following his unbelievable support of it being o.k., that some folks get screwed out of their hard-earned money when 'genius' (LOL!) is encountered, must mean he's gone off the deep end, for sure.  No respect now at all.

Oh, and Jay?

Thanks for the website!   
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 05:08:34 PM by machoneman »
Bob Maag

bobb428

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 05:36:25 PM »
Its a waste of space, that forum is. Dave Shoe sure has gotten to be a douche! He was a very informitive person but sticking up for Coon ruined his knowledge for me. Bill B. I know has issues but I have never seen or read so many poor me posts from that guy. Then you got that QuickBB guy that is the poster child for retardation, makes the site a joke. I could not imagine the money Jay spent with Coon than to get stiffed the way he did. Jay, I could care less how much money you have, but losing money on someone like this Coon guy hurts anyone buying his product.
Bob

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 06:15:37 PM »
How much money I have?  Did that come up over there too LOL?  My guess would be that one came from that idiot Roger Gordon.  He has no idea what my financial situation is; he just makes it up as he goes along, just like Coon does.  And for the record, I have a pretty good paying job, but I sure as hell can't afford to quit working.  To me, being able to retire early would be having a lot of money; unfortunately, I'll be working until I'm 65, just like everybody else...
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 08:18:45 PM »
I usually stay out of these, but I am quite surprised by Shoe.  Maybe more than that, maybe let down.  It seems like his ambivalence to this, even trivializing the issue with his choice of words, shows something else.

His posts on this run seem to make me wonder if he has been or recently got involved with Coon/Gordon. Maybe with some naive good intent, but this recent behavior seems to line up with prior attempts to cast the cap saddle and the supposed input with the Genesis block.

Unfortunately, that forum seems to have evolved into a place that everyone needs to prove their opinion and everyone has a difficult time talking nicely to each other.  I am not sure why but certainly very interesting dynamics.

I have been there since the doors opened and I still like the place, but hate to see all the drama

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:04:52 PM by My427stang »
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 09:10:06 AM »
I'm about done with it myself.  I really had trouble swallowing Dave's posts.  Just didn't make sense to me. 

I've often wondered why most of the forums have so much bickering back and forth.  I don't know if it's due to the fact that everyone wants to look smart in front of everyone else, or maybe it's just a matter of not being able to understand the inflection behind words, like we would when talking to someone face to face.  I think sites like Yellowbullet have a lot of young kids on there who have to prove themselves, but that kind of reaction from the forums with "mature" users just blows my mind.

Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

jimeast

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 09:36:46 AM »
I was totally surprised by Shoes comment.  It just made no sense, and his effort to defend himself made even less

lovehamr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 10:49:10 AM »
The only time I go to that forum now is to check the classifieds anyway so DANG! I missed it..................... ;)

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 12:11:55 PM »
So simple.... so very simple this one is.  Follow this method I outlined below:

I showed up on the FE forum that day to see FE related information.
I loaded up that thread.
I saw new gears for a SOHC FE.... cool.  Sold by Gordon/Coon, meh,  all I've heard/seen those are not good people to deal with.  If I wanted the parts I'd have to walk up to the guy with cash and walk away with the parts or no deal....
Saw next posts were going to be drivel.
closed tab.
Went on to read more interesting stuff elsewhere.
Continue to live a long happy life.

On another unrelated note, Jay, I'm happy you have the funding level you do (whatever that is), otherwise the Intake adapter, and your book would have never been a reality.  (I really really like your book, it should be a well used example for how to write a book on an engine).

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 07:06:12 AM »
Good grief, it never ends, just found out yet another guy from Ohio came up short changed by BC.

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »
Wow!  I just got in from China last night and the puddle is still rippling over there.  I guess I'm glad I didn't see that before Anthony nuked the thread.

It seems that perceived anonymity can bring out the worst in people.  It's not much different from road rage.  I just like to keep up on my favorite engine, share a few tidbits that I know, and keep learning.

- Bill
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 02:55:15 PM »
Yah, gee Bill, you seem to be the counterweight to all that bad karma on the other site. Geez, tell us will yah before you go to China the next time?

LOL!
Bob Maag