Author Topic: FE Intake Adapters  (Read 104693 times)

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
FE Intake Adapters
« on: August 11, 2013, 03:21:54 PM »
FE Intake Adapter Information: 

FE Intake adapters for low riser and medium riser engines are now available from stock.  FE Intake Adapters for high riser and tunnel port engines are also now available, but machined on an as needed basis; lead time for the high riser and tunnel port variants is 2-3 weeks.  In the case of the high riser intakes, many different variations are available, so contact us with your specific requirements.

Please visit the following links for further information or to purchase one of these intake adapters.  Payment can be made with Paypal, Visa or Mastercard, personal checks or money orders:

Low and Medium Riser heads:       http://www.fepower.net/Products/feiamr.html

High Riser heads:         http://www.fepower.net/Products/feiahr.html

Tunnel Port heads:         http://www.fepower.net/Products/feiatp.html

More information on the intake adapters is given below:

- Price:  By way of explanation, there are two separate castings that are used to make the different versions of the intake adapter, the medium riser casting and the high riser casting.  The high riser casting is heavier and more expensive. 

The standard medium riser adapters use the medium riser casting; the price for any of these adapters
         (part numbers 13000 through 13099) is $569.00

The high riser casting is used for the later Blue Thunder medium riser heads, and also for all the high riser variants; price for any of these
         adapters (part numbers 13100 through 13199) is $689.00.  If you are purchasing the #13101 high riser manifold that allows the use of a 351C
         intake manifold, you will also require the #13201 port plates; these are machined together with the intake adapter to make the 351C intake
         fit.  Price of the port plates is $125.00, in addition to the price of the intake adapter, for a total cost of $814.00.  If you just want one of the high
         riser castings to use as a base for a sheet metal intake, the port plates are not required.

Pricing for the tunnel port version of the adapter is $779.00; the tunnel port version starts with the high riser casting, and
         is more expensive than the high riser version because of the added  cost of adding the tubes in the tunnel port adapters.  Also, the
         tunnel port adapters are only available with straight-through ports; after looking at trying to make a 351C intake work with the TP port
         location, it just doesn't look practical without a major bend in the ports.  So the tunnel port adapter would be useful for building a sheet
         metal intake manifold, or possibly for adapting a Pontiac Ram Air V intake to  the FE tunnel port engine.

All these intake adapters include the machined manifold casting, the large machined access cover plate, the smaller machined road draft tube cover plate, O-rings to fit both of these removable plates, the water bypass nipple, and 6 allen head bolts required to install the intake adapter. 

- Terms:   Payment can be made via Paypal, Visa or Mastercard, money order, or personal checks drawn on US banks.  If you send a personal check we will hold the intake adapter for 7 business days prior to shipment.  We ship to US destinations via UPS, and international destinations via the US Postal Service.  If you are outside the US, you are responsible for any duties and taxes due when the intake adapter enters your country.

- Delivery:  The intake adapters will be shipped within 3 days of receiving payment via Paypal or money order, and within 7 days of receiving payment via personal check.  Shipping charges are figured individually for shipment via UPS in the United States, and via USPS for international destinations.

- Returns or Refunds:  We will do our best to ensure the quality of these parts, and work with anyone who is not satisfied or unhappy with this purchase to attempt to rectify the situation.  However, because of the small percentage of people who abuse return and refund policies, FE Power LLC sells these parts AS IS, with no warranty regarding fit and finish, and no returns or refunds available.

- Options:  There are several part numbers of the intake adapters available; see the description and photos below. 

Part #13001 adapts the standard 351C 4V intake to the FE. 

Part #13002 has the FE ports coming straight out (rather than curving in to fit the 351C intake), so that a custom intake manifold like a sheet metal intake can be made starting with this intake adapter.

Part #13003 has a starter hole only machined in each port location, for anyone who wants to do their own porting work on the manifolds. 

Part #13004 is the same as #13003, except that there are no machined port openings in this adapter.

Part #13006 is for a Yates style 351C intake, like the Edelbrock 2991 or 2863.

Part #13101 is the standard part for high riser intakes.  Please note that in order to make a 351C intake manifold work with the high
      riser adapters, a 3/4" spacer plate is required (described below).

Part #13103 is for the later Blue Thunder Medium Riser cylinder heads and a standard 351C 4V intake.

Part #13180 is the standard part for the tunnel port intakes. 

For part numbers 13002 through 13004 above FE Power also has available, for $125.00, a pair of 1/2" thick aluminum flanges that bolt to the manifold, and can be used as the starting point for a sheet metal intake.  These flanges seal to the intake adapter with O-rings that are included with the plates.

For the intake adapters designed for use on high riser heads, such as part #13101, a 3/4" spacer plate is available for $125.00/pair that will allow a 351C 4V intake manifold such as an Edelbrock Torker or a Weiand tunnel ram to bolt onto the intake adapter.  These spacer plates are also available with no ports machined, for use as the starting point for a sheet metal intake.  The plates seal to the intake adapter with O-rings that are included with the plates.

For the intake adapters designed for use on the tunnel port heads (part #13180), 3/4" spacer plates are also available for $125.00/pair, for use as a starting point for a sheet metal intake.  These spacer plates have the round tunnel port ports that match up to the intake adapter already machined, and seal to the intake adapter with O-rings.

IMPORTANT - Every 351C intake that we have looked at requires some modification in order to be used with the intake adapter.  The front rail of the 351C intake needs to be cut away so that it doesn't interfere with the water jacket on the intake adapter.  This can be done with a hacksaw and/or a die grinder, or you can ship your manifold to FE Power and we will machine it to fit.  We charge $85 per manifold for this service.  Currently we have programs in place for the 351C Performer RPM, the Edelbrock Torker, and the Weiand tunnel ram.  If you have a different manifold that you want to use, we will be happy to develop the programs to modify it but this will add some time to the process.  Needless to say, modifying a 351C intake manifold to work with this intake adapter will make the manifold unusable on a 351C engine.

Also, the Yates style manifolds must have their flange surfaces machined thinner in order to work with the #13006 intake adapter.  Again we offer this service for $85.00.

Finally, if you have any special options that you would like for your intake adapter, such as a change in pushrod hole size or location, or no pushrod holes at all, we will be happy to try to accommodate your request; email us to discuss.

Please feel free to email us with any questions on these adapters, or post them here if you prefer.  You can contact us via email at jayb@fepower.net

The photos below show the #13001 intake adapter.  The adapter shown in these photos has not yet had the thermostat housing holes or water pump bypass tube hole drilled and tapped, and also does not show the center cover plate and road draft tube cover plate:

The photo below shows the 13003 intake, which is delivered with machined starter port openings:

The photos below show the 13002 intake, which is delivered with FE sized ports coming straight out of the adapter.  The second photo shows the manifold from the side, so you can see the port configuration.  The third photo shows the 13002 intake with the port plates installed.  These plates are available as an extra cost ($125.00) option for this adapter, as a starting point for a sheet metal intake.  The fourth photo shows the plates themselves; on the side of the plate that bolts to the adapter, there are O-rings to seal the ports, so that no gasket is required.  The O-ring grooves are spaced farther away from the inboard side and top of each port, to allow plenty of room for porting.

The photos below show the 13004 intake adapter.  This adapter is delivered with no port openings whatsoever; it is basically a blank canvas for port work.

The photos below show the 13103 intake adapter.  This adapter starts with the high riser casting, and is designed to work with the later style Blue Thunder medium riser heads.  These heads have larger port openings than a standard medium riser head, with the roof of the port raised and the port widened.  The high riser casting is used to make this intake adapter, because the standard medium riser casting does not have enough room above the Blue Thunder ports for a good seal to the intake gasket.  Also, due to the width of the port in the Blue Thunder head, the intake pushrod holes are moved towards the center of the engine by 0.250" on these adapters.  Note that for these adapters some porting work in the roof and the floor of the port will be required for best flow.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 09:39:11 AM by jayb »
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

NewFalconOwner

Re: FE Intake Adapters
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 06:20:45 PM »
are you also including the cut line template/info for the C intake to fit the adapter?

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 07:14:53 PM »
Hmmmm, I hadn't thought about that.  I have to write a basic instruction sheet for the manifolds before I start delivering them; I will be sure to include the template that you suggested in the instruction sheet.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 07:34:04 PM »
Jay, after having tons of problems with email accounts through my ISP (hacked, simply quit working twice etc.), I basically gave up on it. And since I very rarely used it in the first place I haven't bothered setting up any email account any other way. However, I would like to be added to your list for wanting one of these. I will set up an email account through one of the web based suppliers and get in touch if that is ok, but in the meantime, please consider me on that list.

I'm sorry if this is not considered good protocol for business dealings on the forum, I just don't want to miss out. I can send payment immediately upon confirmation.

edit: Even though it took an email to join this forum, for the third time I have been unable to access it since joining. So until I get another account going, I consider it a dead address. Even they can't figure out why I'm having these problems ???
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 07:37:59 PM by cjshaker »
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

falcon428

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 07:37:40 PM »
Email sent for 2
'65 Mercury Comet w/ Pond Alum. 427, C6
'61 Ford Starliner w/ 352, C6
'68 Falcon w/ ProCharged FE, Lenco 5sp
'67 Country Sedan SW
'62 Falcon awaiting turbocoupe motor & tranny
'40 Ford Tudor Sedan all original

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 08:02:58 PM »
Jay, after having tons of problems with email accounts through my ISP (hacked, simply quit working twice etc.), I basically gave up on it. And since I very rarely used it in the first place I haven't bothered setting up any email account any other way. However, I would like to be added to your list for wanting one of these. I will set up an email account through one of the web based suppliers and get in touch if that is ok, but in the meantime, please consider me on that list.

I'm sorry if this is not considered good protocol for business dealings on the forum, I just don't want to miss out. I can send payment immediately upon confirmation.

edit: Even though it took an email to join this forum, for the third time I have been unable to access it since joining. So until I get another account going, I consider it a dead address. Even they can't figure out why I'm having these problems ???

No problem Doug, if email won't work then you can send me a PM through the forum or just post here in this topic.  I will send you a PM with some details - Jay
Jay Brown

coops427

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 07:10:41 PM »
Jay, As you make your list would it be possible to post it on the forum so we can see where we are? garry

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 08:34:47 PM »
I really don't want to do that Garry because  I'm not sure that everyone on the list wants their name published.  But when I put someone on the list I will email them with their number, and as I start delivering the manifolds I will post which numbers have been delivered so that everyone on the list knows how far along the deliveries are.  Hope that helps - Jay
Jay Brown

Joe-jdc

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 10:20:51 PM »
I have seen these first few adapters in person, and the material looks very dense and non porous.  The casting is excellent, and I think anyone who wants one of these should get on the list asap.  The machine work is beautiful, and I think Jay is underpricing the unit by a considerable amount.  They are destined to be collectibles!  If you like bling, this adapter can be the foundation of a really neat looking engine combination that you can be proud of at any car event.  No, Jay didn't give me a discount! LOL, I just think what I saw in his shop is going to be a very good starting point for some killer engine combinations.  Joe-JDC.

427Fastback

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 12:16:26 AM »
I think Jay did a great job....The casting looks great and so does the machining.I am a very anal machine fitter by trade and I like everything about this pc....The O-rings are a nice touch as is the serial number.It will look very nice on my 427 and I will be cutting all the excess off the 351 manifold to make it lighter and show the adaptor off

I look forward to getting mine.I have ordered two but I want a spare "just because"..

Hopefully when I get it I will be back in work mode..I am still re-habbing from my accident....

Cory
1968 Mustang Fastback...427 MR 5spd (owned since 1977)
1967 Mustang coupe...Trans Am replica
1936 Diamond T 212BD
1990 Grizzly pick-up

MT63AFX

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 08:16:34 AM »
Great looking piece Jay. My question concerns the HR-TP pieces, maybe Mr. Joe D Craine can help answer this. Is there really an improvement or advantage by using a 351C intake on a HR or TP? I can see where it'd be a great piece for a custom steel intake, but I question whether the 351C will flow better. Not knowing much about 351Cs, but using one on a TP looks like there'd be some interference issues with the intake mounting bolts being 'infringed upon' by the wider TP port. Have you had a chance to test the HR-TP intakes? Thanks for all your hard work, Rod.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 09:02:25 AM »
Thanks Rod, glad you like it.  For the tunnel port version of this adapter, I am not envisioning using the 351C intakes.  I think that the port configurations are too far apart between the tunnel port heads and the 351C heads to make that workable.  What I am planning on doing is offering the tunnel port base with some plates that can be used as a starting point for a sheet metal intake.  Perhaps in the future I may do a tunnel port specific top for the tunnel port intake adapter; that would depend on the interest level in something like that.

For the high riser, the 351C intakes do make sense, and actually the ones that really make sense are the Yates style intakes for raised port 351C heads.  Those would be a natural for a raised port FE engine.  So I will be focusing on those intakes with respect to the high riser version, although I also plan to make a high riser version available with plates for a sheet metal intake.

The other use for a high riser or tunnel port version of this intake is with Edelbrock Pro-Port heads.  There are plenty of serious engine builders out there who raise the ports on those heads and configure them differently than stock FE ports.  In this case I could offer the adapter with no ports at all, and those guys could put whatever ports they want in them.  My pal Blair Patrick has expressed an interest in the adapters with that configuration.
Jay Brown

MT63AFX

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 12:57:31 PM »
Thanks Jay, sheetmetal intakes are outside my realm or goals, since the bling-factor would detract a skosh in my case,  ;). For those looking to buy Barry's new heads how does the adapter line up to his ports? You've found a quality foundry, just by looking at the photos, the density seems spot-on, Rod.

Joe-jdc

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 02:14:33 PM »
Barry's ports are very similiar to the Keith Craft Stage II port size and location.  A MR Edelbrock with the ports widened somewhat, or Pond heads that Keith has CNC'd, are all within a very few thousandths of each other.  A simple blending of the adapter to the head would be easy for any engine builder that has access to a die grinder and a carbide.  I hesitate to say it would be easy to blend from the cleveland port size to the Survival head, since it is large as cast, and the cleveland intake port is large also.  Might want to put them under a few cubic inches for best results.  JMO, Joe-JDC.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 07:31:20 PM »
Thanks Jay, sheetmetal intakes are outside my realm or goals, since the bling-factor would detract a skosh in my case,  ;). For those looking to buy Barry's new heads how does the adapter line up to his ports? You've found a quality foundry, just by looking at the photos, the density seems spot-on, Rod.

I think as Joe says the adapter should line right up with Barry's ports, with just a little bit of blending.  But I haven't got a set of Barry's heads here, so I can't confirm that for sure.  I'd defer to Joe's judgment on this one.

I visited several different foundries in my area before I settled on the one that I'm using.  There is a guy there who runs the foundry operation, who has been in foundries his whole life.  He is very hands-on with the foundry stuff, and really impressed me when I visited them.  When I got the first casting I knew I'd made the right decision.  After machining five manifolds I have yet to see a void or any evidence of porosity in the castings.  As a foundry guy yourself Rod, I respect your opinion on this, and I'm glad to hear that you like the quality of the castings!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:42:51 AM by jayb »
Jay Brown

TomP

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 09:17:31 PM »
That looks great Jay. I eagerly await the Hi Riser version.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 02:15:01 PM »
Hi Jay
I don't NEED one right now but I WANT one.
Three reasons.
It's beautiful.
I may NEED it in the future.
I want to support you and your efforts to promote the FE.
Please put me down for one.
Marc
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

JoeW

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 11:13:45 AM »
Email sent to add my name to the list for 2 of the 13001 adapters

NewFalconOwner

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 08:07:56 PM »
how are they coming along?

fetorino

• Tunnelport Cobra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 12:19:20 AM »
Is there a Tunnelport list yet?

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 12:43:04 PM »
Still waiting for the castings, they should be here by the end of September.  And no TP list yet Rob, but I,
'Il let you know.  That probably won't be until November or December.
Jay Brown

machoneman

• View Profile
Bob Maag

lovehamr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 02:55:29 PM »
It's almost a tunnel ram. :o

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 09:16:46 PM »
Please see the first post in this thread for an update on the delivery schedule of the manifolds - Jay
Jay Brown

NewFalconOwner

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 10:41:50 AM »
cool, early birthday present :)

NewFalconOwner

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 06:20:09 AM »
hows the machining going on the intakes. how long does 1 intake usually take to machine fully?

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 09:05:46 AM »
I'm still on the first machining operation, which is the bottom of the intake.  My CNC machine has been giving me some intermittent errors and stopping during the program, so things are going a little more slowly than I would like.  But I'm working through them...
Jay Brown

NewFalconOwner

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 04:50:40 PM »
cool. sorry to hear your machine is acting up.. how long of a process is each intake roughly from when you receive it to when its finished all the machining

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2013, 07:09:23 PM »
There's about 16 hours of machining in each intake.  The first operation is a little over 3 hours, and finishes the bottom of the manifold.  The second operation is done with a different fixture setup, and takes a little over 12 hours.  The setup to do the long machining operation takes a while, which is why I'm running all the manifolds through the first operation first, before changing the setup.
Jay Brown

NewFalconOwner

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2013, 07:44:36 PM »
I didn't know it took that long each intake.. I tip my hat to you sir.  8)

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 12:04:25 AM »
For those of you on the list for an adapter, please see the update in the first post in this thread.  Thanks, Jay
Jay Brown

427Fastback

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2013, 08:25:23 PM »
No worries on my end Mr. B.As a machine fitter for a living I see these kinds of hiccups everyday....Thanks for the update.....Cory
1936 Diamond T 212BD
1990 Grizzly pick-up

NewFalconOwner

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2013, 06:29:39 PM »
hope things go smoothly for you this time around :)

RICK LAKE

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2014, 06:02:33 AM »
JayB Jay want to be added to the list for a 13002 manifold with spacer plates. Need ifno where to send money. Rick L

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2014, 02:03:37 PM »
No money up front required, Rick.  Send me an email to jayb@fepower.net and I'll put you on the list - Jay
Jay Brown

bones22b

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 03:16:57 PM »
hi would you ship to uk please...... long time lurker now building a twin turbo fe.....

cheers
chris

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 10:50:52 PM »
Yes, I will ship the intake adapters to international locations including the UK.  Shipping will be via US Postal Service International mail, and you would be responsible for any duties or taxes that are due on the adapter when it enters the UK, plus shipping charges of course.

When you get a chance, post some pictures of your twin turbo build as it progresses in the Member Projects section.  Sounds like a cool project...
Jay Brown

bones22b

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2014, 06:27:17 PM »
Thats great im in no rush just preping the block and trying to find more infomation and which block i have as it has no cast 352 in the block anywhere and thick support ribs and the mains but no cross bolting and 2 bolt mounts nad completely flat pistons.

hotrodfeguy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2014, 01:10:54 PM »
WOW what a nice product Jay!
From my knowledge of my 351C4v /Boss 351 days(my first love) the best manifold for that engine witch may not translate to the FE exactly due to ci and all but it was the torker/II intake  Just throwing it out there. That's kinda why I thought that street master intake back in 05/06 (pre intake compare book testing)when I was in Iraq watching the other forum was going to do well on the FE. They are kinda similar, low profile single plane's.
Jim

no1musclecar

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2014, 07:17:52 PM »
Aloha Jay,
Looks like the project is going very well, congrats! I have a NOS PSE adapter, and wanted to run my Bud Moore Maxi-Plenum 351C intake on it to make it look like a NASCAR hemi, but realized I'd have to cut the manifold. Is the same thing required with your adapter? I was wondering why the water passage is kept, and not eliminated, and outlets built into the ends of the manifold instead. I have a custom made injector manifold this was done to.
Thanks, and good luck!
Aloha,
Robert

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2014, 09:54:58 PM »
Hi Robert, I'm not familiar with that particular 351 intake, so I'm not sure if it will fit my adapter or not.  But if the problem is interference with the water jacket, I have developed a work-around where I cut the water passage off the adapter and weld a couple of plates in to block it off.  In that case the ends of the adapter would have to be tapped for water outlets as you mentioned.  There is a picture of this modification on page 23 of the intake adapter thread in the Member Projects section of the forum; link below:

http://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=683.330

Making this modification to the intake would be an extra cost option, probably around $100.

I kept the water jacket because almost everyone wants to run a factory style thermostat housing and upper radiator hose; if you don't have this you have to run a remote thermostat housing.  No big deal, but it is an additional expense and more hoses and lines in the engine compartment.
Jay Brown

pharder

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2014, 04:40:08 PM »
Jay,
Apparently I have not been keeping up on your project, and was unaware you had a solution to cutting the Cleveland manifold to fit your adapted. I have a Weiand tunnel ram I was planning on using, but would prefer to be able to swap between the FE & Cleveland. The FE installation would be much cleaner with the Weiand valley section removed and the standard thermostat housing on the adapter. If I tapped some threaded holes @ a 45 deg angle just under the manifold port sealing surface and ran a slitting saw straight through at the same angel (90 deg to the port surface) would it give enough clearance on the water jacket in the front of the adapter, or does the right side need to be cut up along the port? The thought being if I wanted to go back I could use button heads or Allen bolts to align the bottom tray, and install spacers the width of the cut. I believe I am #30 on the list, however I wouldn't mind being bumped to the end so everyone else is not delayed untill I figure this out. Is it possible to send me an electronic copy of the cutting template before I receive the adapter?  Auto Cad or other scalabel format would be ok if possible. Also, have you shipped any of the adapters with the water jacket removed? Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,  Pat.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2014, 06:34:17 PM »
Pat, I'm sorry but I just don't understand your question.  Some of the following may help:

- I do have a template for cutting a 351C intake to fit my adapter, but it is a hand drawing that I have photocopied to include with the adapters.  When I tried to scan it the scanner changed the scale, so it is no longer accurate.  If you want a copy I'll mail you one; email me your address.

- I have a machining program that will cut the Weiand tunnel ram so it will fit on my adapter.  My program removes the center valley section of the tunnel ram intake.  I charge $85 for doing the machine work.

- I have not yet shipped any of the intake adapters with the water jacket cut away.  I will be doing that soon, though.  Doing that is a $125 cost adder.

I hope that helps - Jay
Jay Brown

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2014, 06:35:37 PM »
Please note that as of this date and time (February 16, 2:30 Central US time) all 100 of the first batch of intake adapters have been spoken for.  I will continue to add names to the list after the first 100, and at this time I expect to continue to build the product, but I will not be quoting delivery times on the intakes past the first 100.  Also, starting with intake #101 there will be a significant price increase.  The price increase is being driven primarily by the foundry, which has had to increase the casting price because of a change in the way they are casting the intake adapters, to minimize their scrap rate.  I will post a new price for the adapters as soon as I get a finalized quote from the foundry.  Thanks to everyone who has expressed interest and supported this project - Jay
Jay Brown

68fecyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2014, 12:25:18 PM »
  Hi Jay,  are you going to do the adapters that require different programs, such as the Yates stuff in order or is it going to be done later.  I am just curious, as I am not in any hurry to get my Yates style adapter. Also are you going to machine the  Yates adapters so the manifold will require cutting to fit?  Thanks Rob
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:35:21 PM by 68fecyclone »

MeanGene

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2014, 03:42:31 PM »
Can we assume that the HR-type is post first-100 pricewise?

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2014, 08:56:40 PM »
  Hi Jay,  are you going to do the adapters that require different programs, such as the Yates stuff in order or is it going to be done later.  I am just curious, as I am not in any hurry to get my Yates style adapter. Also are you going to machine the  Yates adapters so the manifold will require cutting to fit?  Thanks Rob

Rob, I am planning to do the intakes in order, regardless of type.  This could potentially be a problem if the port configuration takes a long time to program, but I'm hoping that I can keep up and get the manifolds sent out in order.

The Yates manifolds that I have seen, which include the Edelbrock 2991, 2863, and 2865, all will require that the manifold is machined to fit, and also the intake mounting flange of the adapter has to be machined a little lower.  On the manifold, at least 0.250" has to be removed from the flange surfaces; on the 2865 I had to remove 0.550".  Even with that, the ports on these manifolds are too high for the standard intake flange of the intake adapter, so the intake adapter also has to be machined 0.250" in order for those manifolds to fit.  This will make the adapter unusable for a standard 351C intake, unless you fabricate up some 1/4" thick spacer plates to go between the standard 351C intake and the intake adapter.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions - Jay
Jay Brown

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2014, 09:01:35 PM »
Can we assume that the HR-type is post first-100 pricewise?

I haven't actually quoted a price yet on the high riser version.  However, it was always going to be more expensive, just due to a more expensive casting.  The raw medium riser casting weighs 33 pounds, but the raw high riser casting weighs 52 pounds!  So, the casting itself for the high riser is substantially more expensive.

I haven't quoted a price on the high riser versions yet because I need to get through the machining process on one and see what is involved.  But just because of the weight of the casting, probably figure in the $650-$700 range for the high riser version.
Jay Brown

70cj428

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2014, 11:09:06 AM »
Hi Jay, just got my adapter and it looks awesome  ;D     ;D      ;D ,

For those still waiting... The casting quality, machine work, and finish are top notch, It's really a beautiful part. I gotta thank you for taking this project on, supplying a really useful (and really cool) first rate part, and charging WAY less than the part should cost..
(You'd be hard pressed to rent 16 hours of CNC mill time with an operator in my area (Philadelphia, PA) for what your selling the whole adapter for....)
   Now I just have to decide what to bolt on top of it...   Leaning towards either a D1ZX-FA single plane and keeping it all ford, or a Hilborn setup converted to EFI.  I have several Boss 302 Hilborn setups, one I machined the center out of to widen for a 351C, I could just bolt each half to the adapter. ( The nice thing about this setup is that the Boss 302 Hilborn manifolds are pretty cheap when you find them, as there isn't a big demand anymore for injected B302's, and there's a lot out there as the circle track guys used to run them)

Anyway, Thank's again for an AWESOME part.      John

BTW, you should have some decent FE Power, LLC decals made, raise the price 10.00, and throw 2 in the box. Then you'll start seeing your name on the side of a bunch of racecars, and get some recognition..... 

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Glad you like the part, John.  Post a picture of the induction setup when you get it put together, especially if its one of those Boss 302 FI setups.  Those things are cool...
Jay Brown

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2014, 05:44:11 PM »
Thats interesting  how much do the go for
and do you have any pics ??

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

MeanGene

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2014, 06:45:15 PM »
Mine is similar to the B2 Hilborn setup, but is a magnesium Kinsler sprint car setup for 351C- came as two injector sections and separate center valley- 2-5/8 bores

fe66comet

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2014, 08:09:23 PM »
Hi Jay looking at some intakes to prepare for my next step in my engine build. Was wanting to get your take on this 351 C intake with a 4V port. Is the configuration too large for the adaptor? The gasket is 2.65/1.88 for the 4V head. Another question I had, can the Edelbrock head be blended to a 2.34/1.40 gasket in your experience? I am thinking just a 1/4 inch in that's all just to make a smooth transition. Thanks Jon.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2014, 10:46:57 AM »
Blending to that size port shouldn't be a problem with the Edelbrock head, but if I understand correctly you will be changing the port mostly at the floor.  I don't think that will do you much good; there's not a lot of flow at the bottom of the port.  I would make sure that the roof and sides of the port, the adapter and the manifold all match up, but not worry too much about the floor...
Jay Brown

sumfoo1

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2014, 06:35:00 AM »
Never mind...

Intake looks awesome... may be ordering one with the matching flanges soon.

Thank you,

Bill

Am i just missing it...  its $125 for the flanges only  right or is that with the intake adapter too?

(how much is the intake adapter & flange set i guess is what i'm asking)

Thank you,
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:41:41 AM by sumfoo1 »

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2014, 07:19:36 AM »
Correct, $125 for the flanges only.  Price for the intake adapters after #100 is not set yet; should be soon.
Jay Brown

ScotiaFE

• Howie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2014, 04:10:01 PM »
Rick "NewFalconOwner" had his adapter in my shop today. We were doing some work on his pretty neat FI setup.
Very Kool Jay.
I know I didn't order one and in reality it would have be a wall hanger for me.
A fresh set of rubber was a better call for me.
But I can see the want. :)
Nice work Jay. 

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2014, 09:28:44 PM »
Thanks Howie, glad you like it.  It has been a real positive experience so far, to produce a part that quite a few people are interested in and have them happy with the part when they receive it.  Kind of makes up for all the bumps in the road along the way...
Jay Brown

NewFalconOwner

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2014, 11:22:12 AM »
posted some new pictures of my intake in my build thread, as well as the holes Howie drilled for me :)

JamesonRacing

• 1966 - What a great year for FOMOCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2014, 08:13:55 PM »
Have my Yates setup mocked up.  Puts the carb way up in the air!
1966 Fairlane GT, Silver Blue/Black 496/C4 (9.93@133)
1966 Fairlane GT, Nightmist Blue/Black 465/TKO (11.41@122)
1966 Fairlane GTA Conv, Antique Bronze/Black, 418EFI/C6
1966 F250 C/S, Rangoon Red, 445/T19
1965 Falcon Futura 4-door, Turquoise, EF! Z2363/4R70W

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2014, 08:38:00 AM »
Wow, that looks cool!  8)
Jay Brown

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2014, 10:43:23 AM »
Please see the first post in this thread for an update on the high riser and tunnel port version of the intake adapter - Jay
Jay Brown

427Fastback

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2014, 11:11:27 PM »
I had a 4V Torker around so I cut it up tonight  to fit..I think Rick cut the same manifold up for his 390 Falcon...Port matching the 4V port should be pretty easy.I haven't made the decision yet on what 351C manifold I will use on the 427  but I can always use the Torker on the other JB adapter I have......Cory

1936 Diamond T 212BD
1990 Grizzly pick-up

NewFalconOwner

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2014, 08:45:57 AM »
yeah im using a Torker till my fuel injection im building is finished. Breaking in the motor with the Torker at least.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:50:33 AM by NewFalconOwner »

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2014, 01:44:43 PM »
Kevin McCullah

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2014, 01:56:38 PM »
Here's the NASCAR version for the FE. Rare, note the SK prefix #,

http://www.mustangtek.com/Intake/SK-18454.html
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:26:04 PM by machoneman »
Bob Maag

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2014, 10:23:20 PM »
I'm hoping someone who has a Bud Moore ram box loans it to Jay for some dyno testing. The throttle bores on the carb pad on the one in the link look more like a Holley Dominator spacing, although the bolt pattern looks like normal Holley. Maybe was for an prototype Dominator? Not being able to find a carb might be why it was never used?
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2014, 10:26:53 PM »
Nope. It's not spacing for a Dominator.  I'll venture that Ford made up a number of racing intakes for testing with some working well and others not. Small foundry runs to 'test' the concept of a new design were part of Ford's Total Performance era.

Very rare SK prefixed intakes (FE, Cleveland and more!) that virtually nobody saw back then still show up occasionally on various Ford sites and/or E-Bay. The rarest IMO are the magnesium FE intakes, all for the early Can-Am Lolas running stroked FE's, FIA 427 Cobras and the Lemans FIA Mark II through Mark IV GT-40s.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/project-vehicles/mdmp-1210-ford-427-fe-build-big-blocks-on-the-dyno-real-iron-part-2/photo-gallery/#13
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 07:53:45 AM by machoneman »
Bob Maag

NewFalconOwner

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2014, 07:15:13 AM »
I wonder how well this would work on a big cube FE. The carb flange looks odd though. Maybe I'm just seeing things...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bud-Moore-Engineering-Crossram-351C-Ford-Cross-Ram-Aluminum-Intake-RARE-NOS-/151305292696?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item233a7f8b98&vxp=mtr

you have to cut the front off on a 351C intake to fit around the water neck of the adapter, not sure that would work on the adapter without some welding

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2014, 04:26:40 PM »
I believe Jay had a post where he was modifying the coolant passage of an adaptor so he could test manifolds without cutting.
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

JamesonRacing

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2014, 06:57:12 PM »
Okay, got the manifold adapter and Yates intake installed on my race car 496 engine.  Need to update the throttle link and, of all things, I need a new carb baseplate gasket.  Always the little things.....

JamesonRacing

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2014, 06:58:04 PM »
Another pic.  Gives a better idea of the manifold height.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »
Looks awesome, David.  When are you going to the track?  I'm really curious to see how that combination performs...
Jay Brown

JamesonRacing

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2014, 10:32:39 PM »
Thanks Jay.  The car will be ready soon, but the driver has some travel commitments for the next several weeks...leaving Wednesday for Mpls for a family event.  Also installing a set of Blair's pro port Eds on my street car (should arrive next week before I leave), along with the JDC-ported Victor that was on the race car.  I think this is a solid performance upgrade for all my Fairlanes.

I'll post the results when I get the car down to Byron again and can beat on it some.

fe66comet

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2014, 01:01:25 AM »
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 01:33:05 PM by fe66comet »

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2014, 08:57:29 AM »
Jay, received the adapter yesterday. It is awsome. Everyone who has seen it is very impressed. Craig Sutton is building a T-Bolt clone and thinks he may want one to play with instead of finding highriser parts. He`s waiting to see what I come up with for Cleveland tunnelrams.  Thanks again.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2014, 10:31:47 AM »
Glad you like it, Garry!
Jay Brown

Hubble63

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2014, 05:50:43 PM »
how do you get on the list to get a adapter

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2014, 07:27:06 PM »
Send me an email with your name and which adapter you want, and I'll put you on the list - Jay

jayb@fepower.net
Jay Brown

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2014, 02:10:52 PM »
For those on the list for these adapters, please see the updates in the first post on this thread.  Thanks, Jay
Jay Brown

fe66comet

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2014, 02:55:53 PM »
That's  OK Jay Santa said I have been a bad boy this year so I am on my own LOL.

Dumpling

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2015, 11:32:40 AM »
Any new updates?

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2015, 02:20:31 PM »
I'm supposed to be getting more castings on Monday, but I don't know how many yet.  The foundry is slow...
Jay Brown

MeanGene

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2015, 02:26:42 PM »
Any progress on the High Riser version?

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2015, 02:50:34 PM »
Castings for the high riser version are currently scheduled for a March delivery; I'll post an update when they arrive.
Jay Brown

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2016, 09:24:30 AM »
After a long two year wait, the high riser castings and tunnel port castings are finally in my possession.  I am currently working on the machining programs for these parts, and will be contacting the folks on my list for the parts as I get closer to having them ready for delivery.  I'll post some pictures of the castings a little later.
Jay Brown

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2016, 03:19:42 PM »
Anyone make aluminum tunnel port heads any longer?
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2016, 03:56:00 PM »
Not that I know of...
Jay Brown

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2016, 12:35:59 PM »
Jay, approx price on the tunnel port adapter?

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2016, 01:45:43 PM »
Tunnel port adapter will be $779.00, more info in the first post of this thread.
Jay Brown

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2016, 12:42:37 PM »
Jay, do you have any pictures of the Tunnel Port adapter? Unfinished is OK , just thinking of some ideas.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2016, 10:16:25 AM »
Here's a picture of a partially machined casting.  It has some chips on it from the last machining operation, but you get the idea.  This casting can be machined into either a high riser adapter or a tunnel port adapter.  On the floor behind the partially machined casting is another one, for the high riser and a little further along in the machining process.  You can see that the high riser adapter has had the "ears" that go over the top of the ports machined in; the tunnel port adapter would obviously not have those, since the ports are lower and in a different position.  Also you can see the 3/4" thick aluminum plates bolted onto the high riser adapter; these are there to space up the 351C intake so that the roof of the 351C port lines up with the roof of the high riser port.  More intake adapters waiting to be machined are at the upper right.

Jay Brown

M-TeeKC

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2016, 03:18:02 PM »
Haven't heard anything from you so I was just checking on the production schedule. Thanks very much.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2016, 04:51:27 PM »
Sent you an email - Jay
Jay Brown

Joey120373

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2016, 07:56:05 AM »
Jay, would it be feasible for you to machine ( or partially machine ) injector pockets into the adapter, just inboard of the the valve cover rail?

Looking at the picks, there would appear to be enough meat there to machine a flat and then drill, or partially drill the hole for the injector.

This might be a welcome feature or upgrade considering the relatively few TPI manifolds available for either engine.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:07:00 AM by Joey120373 »

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2016, 10:38:03 AM »
The casting was designed to allow for that, so yes it is certainly possible.  I haven't tried it yet, though; no one has asked for one like that.
Jay Brown

Joey120373

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2016, 05:27:47 PM »
Has anyone tried this ITB set up on one of Jays adapters?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Ford-302-351C-Cleveland-Downdraft-EFI-Stack-Intake-Manifold-System-Satin-/172277705360?nav=SEARCH

It's for a 351C, not sure what the port opening looks like but it would look awesome I think, even if it is a cheep chineese unit. Of corse the picks make it look great, but who knows what the quality actually is.

newfalconowner

« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2016, 07:10:39 PM »
making a efi Cleveland intake is a lot of work, but so far seems worth it. If Jay decides to add flat for injectors, it would be well worth his time to add fuel rails and mounts for the setup, as that's probably the hardest part in doing that type of fuel injection set up. Making sure the rails are inline with the injectors and will sit level so no leaks is MAJOR, even the slightest out of alignment will cause leaks.

I did modify a Cleveland tunnel ram for fuel injection, and took me awhile and a couple of re-do's lol

Joey120373

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2016, 06:35:23 AM »
I have read your posts on building that intake on the other thread, very nice work. I have a street master intake, rails and bungs etc. what I don't have is a mill to machine the intake. A co-worker has a home/hobby  mill/lathe combo, it's actually a fairly quality machine, unfortunately it's just too small to hold the intake solidly enough to machine the holes for the bungs.

The ITB set up I provided the link to is already set up for fuel injectors. So while I'm sure it would require some fabrication, it would be pretty sweet

newfalconowner

« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2016, 05:43:41 PM »
I used a 3/4 drill bit in a rechargeable drill for the holes but clamped it to my table :)

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2016, 06:43:09 PM »
One of my customers, Jim M, forwarded some pictures of his #13001 intake and tunnel ram setup.  He says the Edelbrock carbs have been worked over for use with the tunnel ram and that the throttle response is nice and crisp.  I think that's the trick with a street tunnel ram and carbs, getting the transition from idle to WOT right, and it sounds like Jim has that handled.

Jay Brown

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2018, 03:00:25 PM »
Jay,
which intake adapter would you recommend starting with to adapt a Cleveland 2V/3V style intake ?
also, if i wanted to get one of your timing chain sets and a cover before the FE reunion, if your able to make it there would it be possible for you to bring it along and i get it from you there ?  possibly the recommended adapter as well. i would pay in advance if need be.  i think i could go a couple ways, use the standard adapter and fill the port floor or use one of the other adapters and do the port matching. the guy im doing this budget 390 blower engine for has gotten one of the procomp 351c 2V/3V intakes (cough) which actually doesn't look to bad for what it is. He had planed to use his PSE adapter but i convinced him not to bugger it up by trying to weld it or fill the ports because its in really nice condition and id like to get my hands on it instead of him cutting and welding on it.   
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2018, 04:55:16 PM »
Keith, I will be bringing parts to the FE Reunion so if you want to buy something there, just let me know and I'll bring it along.  If you pay in advance you can avoid Pennsylvania state sales tax.

As far as the adapter, I think I would start with the #13004 if you want to stick with the 2V port size.  You would have to put custom ports in, but it could be made to match up perfectly to the intake.  The #13003 with the starter ports in it will have the starter ports a little too tall to work with the 351C 2V port.  Alternatively you could just go with one of the standard #13001 adapters, and port the intake to match that.  The #13001 adapter's ports aren't as big as a factory 351C 4V port, they are kind of half way between.  Somewhere on the site is a picture of the port mismatch between a 2V intake like the Performer RPM and the #13001 intake adapter; if you can find that it would give you an idea of how much port matching would be required - Jay
Jay Brown

482supersnake

« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2018, 08:24:01 PM »
If you don't mind me asking. How many intake adapters have you sold so far?

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2018, 09:08:48 PM »
Sorry, but I keep my sales numbers confidential  ;)
Jay Brown

482supersnake

« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2018, 09:16:28 PM »
No problem, I just glad you do what you do and hopefully it is worthwhile doing it.

hwoods

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2018, 09:29:03 PM »
what is the part number of the 351C tunnel ram you have on the 13001 adaper?  Thanks
it is hard to balance your check book with your testoserone level
Previous FE Cars:   1965 Ford Galaxie 390/4spd then upgraded to 427 sideoiler
1970 Maverick 427 sideoiler.  X Pro Stock Car
Current build in progress 1964 Thunderbolt Clone

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2018, 10:22:13 PM »
Weiand 1994
Jay Brown

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2018, 07:39:10 AM »
Jay, this project has taken on far more positive and intriguing dimensions that I ever thought it would....maybe you too!

Kudos on pursuing it to the the benefit of FE users!
Bob Maag

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2018, 09:49:29 AM »
Thanks Bob, the intake adapter has certainly made the FE engine more "modular", leading to more induction system varieties for medium risers, high risers, and tunnel ports.  I've mentioned this before, but when I did the high riser version of the adapter I made the casting even higher in the valve cover rail, to accomodate a port raised way up.  This makes my new head design possible, and will hopefully give a step function improvement in the horsepower potential of the engine.
Jay Brown

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2018, 12:42:13 PM »
This makes my new head design possible, and will hopefully give a step function improvement in the horsepower potential of the engine.
Got a BBM block sitting and waiting ::)
 ;)
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon