Author Topic: BBM CNC Program?????  (Read 2204 times)

ArtZarateJr

• View Profile
Re: BBM CNC Program?????
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2024, 04:22:03 AM »
Well, I do thank everyone for their time.

ArtZarateJr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2024, 05:36:22 AM »
Thank you for the positive comments 1968galaxie.  We try hard to put out a quality product, but sometimes there are individuals who can’t be satisfied.

Mr. Zarate,  I wonder why you didn’t just call Doug and return the heads to start with, and go right out and buy something better.  I didn’t start handling head sales for BBM until after your customer ordered heads, but Doug is and always has been very good with customer service.  We’ve done hundreds of BBM heads together over the last 10+ years, and never have had too many complaints, and none that we couldn’t resolve.  The conical springs we use are only good to .620 lift.  The springs we sent you are good to .700, and are very good PAC springs.  We don’t sell anything for a street, street strip, or endurance engine with a titanium retainer.  They will fatigue, and they will fail.  The lightweight tool steel is a much more durable and is comparable in weight savings.  You could have bought heads “ready for springs” and put whatever you wanted to put on there.  The 1.650 valve would have to go in the as-cast chamber.  To get the cnc exhaust, you had to go to 1.680.

Flow numbers……..we don’t sell flow numbers.  We sell quality heads that are well prepared, clean, expertly machined, and they also perform well.  I flow the stuff here, and I know what I am looking for before I even take it in there these days.  When people advertise flow numbers, there are always people who say they don’t see such numbers.  Lots of variables can cause different numbers.  Gains are made by doing R&D on the same bench and learning from data from the one source.  Why didn’t you just ask for the flow data that we see?  Sounds like you were going to flow them anyway, so why worry about what our numbers are?

There are mass produced FE heads growing on trees everywhere you look that are nicely machined, hand lapped and blended, and flow 330+ at .600 lift, with a standard Medium Riser location. It should have been no problem to grab a set and you could have just returned those junkers you got from us, or addressed any issues you might have with us, rather than posting your complaints on our friendly forum here.  You are new to this place, but it ain’t the Yellowbullet environment here.  There are a few who spew from time to time, but it’s not the normal way here.

I am finished commenting on this thread.  It is clear now to me that I am wasting my time beating a dead horse.  I hope you can salvage some acceptable results.  Those heads you have in your possession can make 500 to 800 hp depending on what is coupled to them.  End of discussion for me.

On the contrary, I felt like we were getting some where.

I wanted to share my experience and review the feedback. Questions were asked and I tried to answer them.

Maybe better customer service would've been informing me that changes were made and informing me of what I was receiving. Rather than I had to discover for myself.

I was unable to find much information, other than on the BBM website, and I thought this was a good place to gain some. Until I made this post, I had no clue who was building these cylinder heads. After learning a few things I can clearly see how information could be lost when communicating from California to Tennessee.

I considered returning them, but I don't have the time. I aslo thought I'd get some data on them first. Just in case I liked them for my next build.

Of course I was going to flow them. What engine builder wouldn't???? In March, when I started looking. None was listed by BBM. The only listing of flow numbers to your heads list similar results to mine. The port stalls at 0.600. Maybe your followers will blindly use your product, but I had questions. Luckily I don't need help with with the type of spark plug to use.

NEVER did I refer to these cylinder heads as "JUNK". If my questions insulted your ego, and you've given all the time you care to, then so be it. Perhaps you feel this is beneath you. I'd like to believe that you're a very busy person. Again I do thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 07:48:26 AM by ArtZarateJr »

MeanGene

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2024, 12:54:06 PM »
First and only person I've ever heard criticize Blair and his work in any way- one of the best at wringing out Super Stock power- there's always that pesky guy named Ray lol. It's been my experience that Blair, and Brent Lykins, Colvert, Kuntz, Zolko etc. always have time to respond, are willing to share (up to a point of course) their hard-earned knowledge and experience- if you have enough knowledge to ask the right question, they will help keep you on the right path. If one already knows everything, and doesn't listen, they won't be able to help much, and shouldn't have to waste their time. If Blair tells you Head A will do this and that, there's a pretty good chance it will deliver just that
« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 11:25:26 AM by MeanGene »