Author Topic: 69 Ranchero R code  (Read 2149 times)

Dyno

• View Profile
Re: 69 Ranchero R code
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2024, 09:38:32 PM »
HB Yeah it sucked. It was an engine that was in a storage shed for 20 or so years. So an old block that gave up the ghost. Heads are no name aluminum Ed copies. Was really just trying to save the original heads when I bought them. Stopped myself then from going deeper in engine as I knew it would be a stroker kit then.
 Heo That was how this one started no leak at first then started leaking when not running. At least it didn't hurt anything else and my buddy was able to get some testing done for some electronics for his NHRA Pro Stock guys. Imagine that an FE used to help out the chebbie guys. Don't think I can get any documentation from anyone for that.

MeanGene The guy is a chebbie guy and we have fun with that, he could never believe he hired a Ford guy way back when. Having been in many a engine, last I checked they all need the same things to run , Air , Fuel , Spark. Though it is about finding the stuff each one needs to work well. He has also had some record setting mopar stuff as well. Oh and the intake is only a 2.190" so no problem in a 4.160" bore wasn't a issue with a 4.080" bore either.

Was down at shop last weekend and have the oil mods done in the 428 block tapped for screw in plugs on galleys. Also cleaned up and ready for assembly. Other stuff was working with design for a 2 stroke multi fuel engine, be trying some stuff out on it. He is also waiting for a ProMod Ford to get to the shop once chassis is done. It's BBF with twin turbo's. Will follow up with pics and some info as stuff progresses. Could be some time as I have to many things going on at once.