Author Topic: Great Deal On A 7 Quart Milodon Oil Pan And Matching Pickup Tube/Screen  (Read 1031 times)

Mr Woodys Garage

• View Profile
SOLD!
What kind of fanatic spends $700 on an Aviaid oil pan and pickup tube for their 63 Galaxie? This guy^^^
As a result, I have for sale a new, installed on engine, but never ran, black powder coated milodon number 31130   7 Quart Street and strip oil pan and matching pick up screen to sell. It is like new, and was installed with studs and nuts so the rails are as perfect as when it was manufactured. If Purchased from Summit, who has them in stock, currently with 7% sales tax would cost you $459. Since I won't be needing or using it, someone that wants to send $250 my way this afternoon or evening, can save some bucks on it Saves $209 that you can invest in other things for your engine. Not everyone is in love with their Galaxie, or has the means or budget to buy it a $459 or for that matter a $700 Aiviad Pan, But, If you been wanting to buy one of these now is your chance to save some money. I forget what the powder coating cost, I think it was something like 60 or $70, but my loss is your gain. Send me a message, fire up your credit card, and save a few bucks! Oil pan and pick up tube will be pulled this weekend and sent out on Tuesday. I'm covering the shipping at the above cost unless you live in California, then add $30. Please Reply to  woodysgarage@gmail.com, Or call 515-556-6484 Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 03:40:07 PM by Mr Woodys Garage »

XR7

• View Profile
Well that went pretty quick on the Milodon. How about some pictures of the Aviad pan?
68 Cougar XR7 GT street legal, 9.47@144.53, 3603# at the line, 487 HR center oiler, single carb, Jerico 4 speed, 10.5 tires, stock(er) suspension, all steel full interior

Mr Woodys Garage

• View Profile
Will Be Here Monday On UPS. Will Post Some Photos When It Arrives..They Built It And Had It ready To Send Out Very Quickly after i Placed the Order. Was Thinking It Would Be 2-3 Weeks, Instead, 5 Days.

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
Hate to say it, but you probably would have been better off with the Milodon.  There are no advantages to the Aviaid and I've had problems with fit/finish in the past.  I choose to not use their Cobra pan, unless I absolutely have to for some reason.  I've spent hours trying to get them to fit.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

Mr Woodys Garage

• View Profile
You Were Right, Brent, About Having To Fit The Avaid Pan To Make Everything Just Right, But For What I Am Doing, It Will Be  More What I Like And Need. A Couple Of Hours This Afternoon, And Everything Is Ready To Go. The Pan I Got Is For A Galaxie/Fairlane, It Is A Full 2" Shallower Than The Milodon Pan, And Has The Road Race Trap Doors, Etc In It, A Good, Large Diameter Pickup Tube Was Supplied With It as Well. The Supplied WIndage Tray, If You Can Call It That, Is Junk. All I Had To Do Was Put A Hole In The Canton Tray/Scraper That I Already Had, And It Matches Up With The Avaid Pan Perfectly. Probably Could Have Got By With The Milodon Pan,But I Like The Look Of The New Avaid Pan, And After A Trip To The Powdercoater, It Will Look Right At Home On The 462 Stroker, In The 63 Galaxie, With Extra Pan Clearance, And Something Not Everyone Has.

On A Side Note, I, And I'm Sure A Bunch Of Other FE Guys Missed Your Videos This Past Weekend...Becomes Part Of The Friday Night Routine, Watching What You Are Working On. Hope All Is Well!

FERoadster

• View Profile
Would you post a picture of the Aviad pan?
Richard >>> FERoadster

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
Hate to say it, but you probably would have been better off with the Milodon.  There are no advantages to the Aviaid and I've had problems with fit/finish in the past.  I choose to not use their Cobra pan, unless I absolutely have to for some reason.  I've spent hours trying to get them to fit.

There is no problem with fit or finish on Aviad stuff.
They have neither of those characteristics.
Had one for a Pantera that was so far off angle that it made the engine look crooked in the chassis - a solid 3/8" from side to side.

My427stang

• View Profile

There is no problem with fit or finish on Aviad stuff.
They have neither of those characteristics.
Had one for a Pantera that was so far off angle that it made the engine look crooked in the chassis - a solid 3/8" from side to side.

That's funny
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

Mr Woodys Garage

• View Profile
Here Are Some Photos. Before And After A Trip To The Powdercoater. I Did Have To Make The Pan Bolt Holes one Size Bigger To Get It To Go Over All The Studs, Barely. Had To Trim Removable Inner Plate To Clear The Supplied Oip Pickup Tube And Factory Dipstick, But Nothing Major. I Like The New Pan, And Am Happy With The Service From The Folks At Aviaid. I Believe The Internal Trap Doors, And Oil Passages Will Be A Benefit As Well. Cost About $225 More Than The Milodon Setup, But Has More Oil Capacity, Looks Cool, Has 2" More Ground Clearance.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 09:18:58 PM by Mr Woodys Garage »