Author Topic: Wolverine shaft rocker system  (Read 1540 times)

Fordman

• View Profile
Wolverine shaft rocker system
« on: May 17, 2023, 08:03:50 AM »
Has anyone had any experience with this rocker system?. I see a couple sets just showed up on ebay, basically half the price of T&D and look similar. Opinions?

https://www.wolverineengines.com/product/ford-fe-shaft-roller-rocker-arms/

My427stang

• View Profile
Re: Wolverine shaft rocker system
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 08:37:17 AM »
They look nice enough, but odd website, no location I can find.  If it's a T&D knock off, I'd be scared of adjusters failing, etc.

Google says Ft Walton Beach, FL.  Website looks legit on Facebook

---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 10:40:36 AM »
I'm calling the "double the oil pressure at idle" a lie.....

I see they also use Harland Sharps on their own builds.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 11:59:59 AM »
       Well, maybe not a "lie", perhaps just an exaggeration?   :-\   But, if one removed a bunch of worn-out crap, replacing with this new stuff, well then!   ::)

And, engine photos #1 & #2 are the same photo being used for each individual product; not so uncommon a practice I suppose, but if I were producing any quantity of examples I'd get a second (different) photo up.  And yeah, with my own rocker arm product being displayed also!    ;)

Also, though very likely to start trouble here, not to mention likely to derail the intention of the O.P.s' inquiry, but the statement as made of:  "This system seals off the problematic head oiling passage and uses a superior pushrod style oiling",  and though this is popularly presented often, it should be tempered somewhat with a functional understanding rather than just blatantly stated as a matter of fact.  ???

Scott.

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 12:31:19 PM »
i switched from a good set of factory rockers to HS and i lost 10 pound from 85 to 75 at startup and idle went down even more.
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

Tunnelwedge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 12:35:47 PM »
Anyone order the Ford FE Billet Aluminum Block?  ::)

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 12:56:05 PM »

Also, though very likely to start trouble here, not to mention likely to derail the intention of the O.P.s' inquiry, but the statement as made of:  "This system seals off the problematic head oiling passage and uses a superior pushrod style oiling",  and though this is popularly presented often, it should be tempered somewhat with a functional understanding rather than just blatantly stated as a matter of fact.  ???

That's what happens when Chevy boys design FE products LOL
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2023, 02:05:36 PM »
I'd love to see a set, but first I'd like to know where they source the parts. 

To me, the price is so cheap it screams offshore, but with adjusters being critical and often breaking in cheaper pieces, not to mention the PRW bodies breaking left and right, I am suspect
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2023, 03:11:10 PM »
I don't like that the base plate is made of aluminum. Also, this can't be considered a "T&D replacement" because the T&D base plate is clamped down by the head bolts. This system is only held down by the (4) factory rocker bolts.

For the product you're getting, I think $900 is high......
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2023, 04:18:31 PM »
I don't like that the base plate is made of aluminum. Also, this can't be considered a "T&D replacement" because the T&D base plate is clamped down by the head bolts. This system is only held down by the (4) factory rocker bolts.

For the product you're getting, I think $900 is high......

Yeah and bolts into aluminum with that much load is not really a good idea.  Studs would have been better if possible.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2023, 02:09:52 AM »

You can get it with a matching date code for restorations.  The concours judge won't notice a milled aluminum block as he checks for that date.

https://www.wolverineengines.com/product/ford-fe-billet-aluminum-block/

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2023, 09:22:44 PM »
It would be nice if that 'billet' block was spoken of as a billet casting or some such. There IS such a thing as a real billet aluminum block available from a concern here in Metro Detroit, that is carved from a proper-sized 'brick' of aluminum and, within reason, you can specify some of the dimensions. But the minimum starting order is for three blocks at 15 grand apiece. so you'd have to start with fairly deep pockets. (Starts y'ur head agoin')  ;)

KS

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2023, 04:28:34 PM »

You can get it with a matching date code for restorations.  The concours judge won't notice a milled aluminum block as he checks for that date.

https://www.wolverineengines.com/product/ford-fe-billet-aluminum-block/

A rattle can of Duplicolor Old Ford Blue and no one can tell the difference! 

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2023, 05:29:50 PM »
It would be nice if that 'billet' block was spoken of as a billet casting or some such. There IS such a thing as a real billet aluminum block available from a concern here in Metro Detroit, that is carved from a proper-sized 'brick' of aluminum and, within reason, you can specify some of the dimensions. But the minimum starting order is for three blocks at 15 grand apiece. so you'd have to start with fairly deep pockets. (Starts y'ur head agoin')  ;)

KS

Easier to buy one of the true billet 426 Hemi nitro blocks but get the deck drilled for a Ford bolt pattern, ala' a 385 series Boss engine!
Bob Maag

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2023, 10:16:12 PM »

hemi nitro blocks are all solid with no water jackets, so far as I know. It is possible to have the true billet blocks made with water jackets carved into them. Then you can street drive :)

KS

hemi nitro bocks