Author Topic: 64 Galaxie  (Read 1334 times)

Heo

• View Profile
64 Galaxie
« on: June 26, 2023, 10:54:18 AM »
After two years of ...idontwanaworkonit. I have rebuilt the steeringbox, remounted the box
waiting for a steering coupler and master cyl. Sceduled to be here tomorrow so with a little luck
i could be driving this weekend

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Heo

• View Profile
Re: 64 Galaxie
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 09:22:02 AM »
Steering reasembled brakes reasembled, filled the carb from a squirtbottle trough ventilation
filled 20 liter 98 in the tank second compression it came alive. The holley carbs like an old wooden
boat,dried up and leaking  ::).fuelhoses dried up and stiff so some small "adjustments to do
before i wrestle it out of storage

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

gdaddy01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 09:19:11 PM »
sounds like you are staying busy now days, with the hood , going on trips and working on your galaxie. good for you.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 09:01:19 AM »
Im better be busy,,,Idle hands make nasty things ;D ;D

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 02:16:25 PM »
Looking forward to your report of getting the old girl back on the road!
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 05:15:51 PM »
My friend Morgan promised to help me wrestling the Galaxie out of storage today.
But i started the day with helping an Austrian tourist. He had a new BMW R1250
Paris daccar clone, he wanted a bigger"foot" on his side stand beacuse stock one would
not suport the bike on soft ground.
He gave me some realy good beers.brewed in his hometown.

When i moved the AJS to get to the Galaxie i heard gas sloshing around in the tank......what if..I opened the petcook
ful choke floded the carb gave it a kick, totaly dead. A second kick and it started!  yyeeeehhaaaw....
Had to run it, then the dog wanted a ride

I was low on transfluid in the Galaxie so me and Morgan went to our friend at PF racing
He was dynoing a Pontiac engine and had some nice 500++ CID Firebirds and a SBF Cobra replica in the shop

we got the Galaxie out of hibernation and i hoosed the dust of with the pressurewasher

Then i took the wife for a longer  motorcycle ride. It run like a champ! I must find some time to finnish it

Tomorrow give the Galaxie an oilchage, lube the chassie, wash it, clean it inside. And start packing for a trip to wifes hometown
Lycksele where it is the annual Motorweek. 22th - 29th

« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 05:49:15 PM by Heo »

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 07:20:30 PM »
Very nice stuff Heo!  The AJS is super cool.  I'm amazed to see the quality of muscle cars that have made their way over to your area.
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

428kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2023, 07:45:47 AM »
Very cool Heo!