Author Topic: 2 gauge pod - oil/water  (Read 1193 times)

fairlaniac

• View Profile
2 gauge pod - oil/water
« on: March 14, 2023, 05:57:22 AM »
On the market today, which 2-1/16 diameter oil gauges have a copper tubing line? Most seen to have a nylon line. Seems they rarely mention the tubing material on Jegs and Summit.

thanks,
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
Re: 2 gauge pod - oil/water
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 06:58:50 AM »
I bought a separate copper oil line kit for my Autometer Comp II oil pressure gauge from Summit. The gauge itself come with the nylon line, as most of them do. I just did a quick search at Summit and only found 1 brand available for the copper line kit. It was an “Equus” Mechanical Oil Pressure Line Kit part# E9901 for $14.99. It also contains necessary fittings.  My copper line kit was the Autometer brand but the Equus brand looks identical.
63 1/2 Galaxie 500
428 CJ Stroker with 427 2x4 Intake, 427 Long Exhaust Manifolds, Quick Fuel Carbs and TKO 600.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so."                            Mark Twain

fairlaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 07:05:02 AM »
I bought a separate copper oil line kit for my Autometer Comp II oil pressure gauge from Summit. The gauge itself come with the nylon line, as most of them do. I just did a quick search at Summit and only found 1 brand available for the copper line kit. It was an “Equus” Mechanical Oil Pressure Line Kit part# E9901 for $14.99. It also contains necessary fittings.  My copper line kit was the Autometer brand but the Equus brand looks identical.
Perfect, thank you!
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

TJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 09:56:21 AM »
For oil pressure line, I got part number 5723K601 from McMaster Carr.  It's oil resistance hose wrapped in a stainless steel braid and rubber anti-abrasion outer layer in pretty blue color.  Got it with 1/8 NPT ends.  Also got an oil gauge from McMaster Carr at the same time.  The hose is rated for -65F to 275F and plenty of pressure.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 10:40:55 AM »
I've run the nylon tube in my pickup for decades.  The wagon has a copper tube version.

TJ, I like that hose you found.  I deal with MM on a regular basis for work.  I think I may order a couple of those lines to replace both vehicles.  Ive been thinking about it, but you made it easy with a part mumber!  Thanks.
Larry

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 08:30:57 PM »
I run 1/4" copper. Using the 1/8" copper line the gauge does not react quick enough for my liking.