Author Topic: Bullock's Power Service - 462 A-scratch Trick Flow heads - 567 HP - 5700 RPM  (Read 1576 times)

My427stang

• View Profile
Performance Summary:
      Cubic Inches:  462            Dyno brand:  Stuska
      Power Adder:                    Where dynoed:  Dale Meers Racing Engines, Buffalo, KY
      Peak Horsepower:  567@5700
      Peak Torque:  592 @ 4500

Engine Specifications:
   Block brand, material, finished bore size, other notes:  Factory 428 A scratch  4.160

Crankshaft brand, cast or forged, stroke, journal size: Cast SCAT 4.25

Connecting Rods brand, material, center to center distance, end sizes, bolts:  SCAT I-beam 6.49

Piston brand, material (caster, hypereutectic or forged), dish/dome volume, static CR:  Probe, 2618 Forged, -21.1 cc, 10:1

Main Bearings, Rod Bearings, Cam Bearings brand and size:  Clevite rod and main bearings, Durabond cam bearings

Piston rings brand, size, other notes:  Total Seal, 1/16. 1/16, 3/16

Oil Pump, pickup, and drive:  Melling M57HV, Canton pickup, ARP drive

Oil pan, windage tray, oil filter adapter:  Canton 15-820 T pan, factory oil filter adapter

Camshaft brand, type (hyd/solid, flat tappet or roller), lift and duration (adv and @.050"):  Custom Bullocks hyd roller, 235 intake duration / 242 exhaust duration, 114 LSA on 107

Lifters brand, type:  Morel standard travel

Timing chain and timing cover: Cloyes 9 position, factory timing cover

Cylinder heads brand, material, port and chamber information:  Out of the box TFS, 69.8 cc

Valve springs brand, part number, specs:  26120 Comp Beehives

Retainers and locks brand, part number, specs: 

Rocker arm brand, type (adjustable or non-adj), material, ratio:  Lykins Motorsports

Rocker shafts and stands, brand, material:  Precision Oil Pumps

Pushrods brand, type, length:  Trend, 5/16", .105", 9.075

Valve covers, brand, type:   Ansen Pentroof

Distributor brand, advance curve information:  Pertronix 2 billet

Harmonic balancer brand:  Powerbond

Water pump brand, type (mechanical or electric):   Tuff Stuff Aluminum - electric powered on dyno

Intake manifold brand, material, porting information:  Ported Edelbrock Streemaster

Carburetor(s) brand, type:  QFT HR780VS with 4 hole tapered spacer

Exhaust manifolds or headers brand, type:  Dyno headers, 2" tubes
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 08:36:03 AM by My427stang »
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

Stangman

• View Profile
Nice Ross, 10 to 1, smallish cam, 1 carb nice torque numbers.

My427stang

• View Profile
This one peaked lower in RPM than I expected, I figured the ported SM may carry it farther as well as the added exhaust duration.  It didn't but hit the same HP/TQ numbers.  It's perfect for the use, but I think it would have been happier with the cam 4 degrees later.

However, could be the cam itself,  I have also used Oregon Cams, Bullet Cams and Comp to grind my customs, and this was the first Bullet.  Only Comp gives you all the information on their lobes and it really helps predict behavior.  I'll start mapping lobes from here on out for data on specific lobes, once set up to degree the lobe it's no extra work

I have another one right behind this one, similar but not the same cam, 464 inches, mild work done to the CJ Iron heads and a BT intake, we'll see what it does.  My gut says I should be 50 hp down with the CJ heads, but will be interesting where it peaks in RPM
Ross
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

Stangman

• View Profile
With that duration I wouldn’t expect to much more RPM or should I say I don’t think it would make more power. My last cam was 250/254 @50 and yes it would rev to 6500 but I could feel it wasn’t making any more power after  approximately 6100. I m saying I think it was impressive with that cam. I think those heads are working well with a large variety of cams that you and Brent have been using. Curious to see the difference with the steel heads on the next build. I do think the BT intake is going to be better than the SM.

My427stang

• View Profile
Thanks, my last iron 462 was approx 50 HP lower with a set of CnC ported CJ heads and heavily ported iron intake versus a similar build with TFS and a ported PI.  Those were 520 HP  vs 568 HP, same peak at 5750, so the heads sure do work.

The next set won't flow like the CnC ported versions, but are better than stock, and I would guess the BT is on par or better than the CJ iron, so we'll see!

Ross

preaction

• View Profile
Great work Ross perfect street FE !   8)