Author Topic: Great time at the FERR  (Read 1746 times)

6667fan

• Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
Great time at the FERR
« on: September 13, 2022, 08:17:36 AM »
I got to meet some guys that I have interacted with on this forum like Rory McNeil and Battlestar Galactic Larry. Met Mike Canon and reconnected with Steve DePalma, Doug Bender, John Nagoda and Jeff from CT. Met Dave Varone, Thomas Gustafson and Jeremiah Flagg, the latter of which helped tremendously with a trailer snafu. Hung with Dennis Towle and his brother and cousin. Plus talked FEs with lots of guys that I did not know. Just a great group of people.

Had a blast!
JB

67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 636/619.
Tunnel Wedge, Survival EMC CNC heads, Lykins Custom Hydraulic Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.68@125.71 1.56 60’

Stangman

• View Profile
Re: Great time at the FERR
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 09:04:44 PM »
Just a great group of guys and everyone willing to help out. Cant ask for more than that

KjcfeF100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 01:04:12 PM »
Maybe I’ve missed something somewhere, but how was the turn out for this year? Regarding car count for those participating by showing their cars or racing, as well as just spectators, did it do as well as previous years? This is the first year I can recall so little comment after the fact and I haven’t seen anyone post any videos anywhere. Maybe I wasn’t paying enough attention beforehand but I didn’t even catch whether Jay B., or Barry R., or Blair P. went this year.

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 06:15:01 PM »
Maybe I’ve missed something somewhere, but how was the turn out for this year? Regarding car count for those participating by showing their cars or racing, as well as just spectators, did it do as well as previous years? This is the first year I can recall so little comment after the fact and I haven’t seen anyone post any videos anywhere. Maybe I wasn’t paying enough attention beforehand but I didn’t even catch whether Jay B., or Barry R., or Blair P. went this year.

Jay Brown & myself had the FE Power display there this year. Here are a few pictures from the display. There is a FE Race & Reunion Facebook page that has had lots of pictures posted, but I know not everyone has (or wants) Facebook. I’ll add some of my pictures of cars later.  Sorry, I don’t have any attendance figures, if I see Mike McCracken, the track owner, comment with attendance figures I’ll add them here, but so far haven’t seen anything.

I commented to Jay that even though he has been bringing his unique FE Power cylinder heads, or before that the plastic prototypes, to the FE Race & Reunion for a few years now, we still had quite a few people come up to us who had never seen them before. To me that shows the event is still drawing in new attendees, and I think that’s a very positive sign.

Barry R posted on the other FE Race & Reunion post before the event that he wasn’t going to be able to make it this year.

Al Joniec checking out the FE Power induction & cylinder heads.

Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 09:12:23 PM »
Pretty cool having Al check out Jays cylinder heads. He’s probably saying shit if I had these in the day.
The turn out was pretty good this year. I would say probably the same as 2020 which is the last one I was at.

fairlaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 06:19:44 AM »
The place was pretty full. The last I saw we had around 106 total racers taking at least one time shot from Thur-Sat. There were 33 cars in the show area. I counted 11 other cars that either did not race or enter the car show. I think those were people who drove their FE as "transportation" and just parked. While we have had over 200 cars at times in past years, not a bad count.

I know a number of people didn't make it due to fuel costs. These were typically people from way south or far west. Don Fotti came from Manitoba, Canada with his '68 428CJ Mustang.

The reason you may not see much is many people have their posts, pictures, videos on Facebook. though I despise Facebook it is the easy way to upload phots and videos. The free photo upload sites are gone and many people don't have their own domain space to upload. I rarely take pictures or videos as there are dozens of folks posting their quality pictures and videos on FB. We all can post links to the Facebook photos and videos but if you don't have a Facebook account, you still won't be able to see them.

Also go on Youtube and type in FERR or FE Race & Reunion or a mix of those keywords for a bunch of great videos. Here are a couple I've found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mja1-PWziIM&t=485s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4byKJ19jxw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJBUrWDrloY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWREk2Et2MM
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 06:33:03 AM by fairlaniac »
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

KjcfeF100

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 10:49:15 PM »
Thanks for the updates, looks and sounds like it was another solid event.  I'd really like to make it to at least one in the near future.

I do have a Facebook login, but I go there very seldomly; so if there is anything FE related that's interesting and it's going on strictly in the "Facebook World", and not on one of the FE Forums, I'm most likely missing it.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2022, 01:04:31 PM »
some good videos Doug.
kjcfeF100 if you watch those 4 videos you get a pretty good idea how the weekend was.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 01:07:05 PM by Stangman »

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2022, 03:19:20 PM »
Cool to see some pix and video. I wish i'd gone. Seems like crossing the border is possible even though any official site says no.

Is that brown 71 Torino in the background an FE?

winr1

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2022, 09:28:04 PM »
postimage.org

Click on "Choose Images"

Find the pics where you have them

Double click the pic .. it will take a few seconds

You will see various options

3rd from the bottom " Hotlink for forums: " .. click the box to the far right ( blue square and white folded page )

Then paste into wordpad or whatever you prefer

Repeat ....... save them this way so you can post them elsewhere if ya wish

If you copy them from a forum you posted to, they will not show up as the URL stuff an stuff will be missing

Ricky.

fairlaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2022, 10:22:18 AM »
postimage.org

Click on "Choose Images"

Find the pics where you have them

Double click the pic .. it will take a few seconds

You will see various options

3rd from the bottom " Hotlink for forums: " .. click the box to the far right ( blue square and white folded page )

Then paste into wordpad or whatever you prefer

Repeat ....... save them this way so you can post them elsewhere if ya wish

If you copy them from a forum you posted to, they will not show up as the URL stuff an stuff will be missing

Ricky.

Also got to get them from phone to computer. I don't take enough pictures to worry about it but I have not figured out how to get them to my computer other than sending them via email. Then only 4 or 5 will go per email due to size. Probably a lot of picture tech out there but don't have the time to figure it all out.
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2022, 06:09:02 PM »

Also got to get them from phone to computer. I don't take enough pictures to worry about it but I have not figured out how to get them to my computer other than sending them via email. Then only 4 or 5 will go per email due to size. Probably a lot of picture tech out there but don't have the time to figure it all out.

Just relaying my experience. I’ve been using Post Image for a few years now for posting pictures to this forum. I’m able to get the pictures directly from my iPhone to Post Image, and then I use the same “hot link for forums” to put the pictures directly here. Post Image does have annoying ads, but it is still free.

Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

winr1

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2022, 08:05:36 PM »
Not directed at anyone,  just thought some might not know ...

If one needed to get pics off there phone to a PC, plug the USB charging cable into the PC

If nothing opens up.. Click the "Start" button .... click on "Computer"

Your phone will show up as a drive along with other drives

Click on whichever is your phone and you can can copy and paste the phone pics into your document folder or where ya wish

Ricky.

Rory428

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2022, 03:50:59 PM »
Cool to see some pix and video. I wish i'd gone. Seems like crossing the border is possible even though any official site says no.

Is that brown 71 Torino in the background an FE?
Tom, there were several Canadians at the FE race, I cheated and flew in from Halifax Nova Scotia, there was the typical cross border stuff, and the "ArriveCan" app needed to get back into Canada, but overall it was pretty seamless. As for the 71 Torino, it was a 302, not sure how it snuck in, pretty nice Torino, regardless.
As for attendance, this was only my 2nd FERR, to only other was 2018, it appeared the car count was similar both years, there were some cars at the 2018 event that were now there this year, but also some that were not there 5 years ago. Not sure if it is an accurate indicator, but other than the smaller and really large sized FE event T shirts, there was just empty shelves and racks where the XL and 1XL shirts had been earlier on Saturday. As before, plenty of cool stuff in the swap meet area, and the "Beer & Brats" on Friday seemed very well attended. They had "Chamber of Commerce" great weather on Friday and Saturday, although at the Hotel Thursday evening it did rain, and was fairly misty/foggy early on Friday, but I don`t think weather caused any delays of the actual event. Good thing it was a Friday & Saturday event, as it rained all day Sunday, and early on Sunday. ( I stayed in Selinsgrove  a few days after the FE race, before heading to Maple Grove on Wednesday). Seems having the event in September rather than April was a good move. The weather in Maple Grove the following Thursday and Friday was also great, and since the race was finished there on time, I imagine Saturday and Sunday must have been nice as well.
1978 Fairmont,FE 427 with 428 crank, 4 speed Jerico best of 9.972@132.54MPH 1.29 60 foot
1985 Mustang HB 331 SB Ford, 4 speed Jerico, best of 10.29@128 MPH 1.40 60 foot.
1974 F350 race car hauler 390 NP435 4 speed
1959 Ford Meteor 2 dr sedan. 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed Toploader. 12.54@ 108 MPH

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2022, 09:14:42 AM »
Had a good time overall.  Got to talk with LOTS of people.   Names?  I remembered some, others.....not much.  Ugh, I used to be so good with names and faces.

I got busted by Brant Kelley.  We talked for like 20 minutes and he suddenly went "what's my name?".  Lol.  Crap.... I stood in disbelief as I couldn't say his name even though I knew who he was.  I'm too young for this crap.

The 302 Torino snuck in.  He is friends with Dan Medice and was going to see about getting adapters made to put FE covers on that small block LOL.  Just for the fun of it.
Larry