Author Topic: First ride  (Read 692 times)

Stangman

• View Profile
First ride
« on: August 30, 2022, 04:32:16 PM »
So I finally got my motor back into the car and after finding out that the fuel that was in my car was bad I emptied it out and put new fuel in and took her
for a 2 mile ride around the neighborhood. I still have break in oil in it which is like water at temperature so I was easy on it. Well I rapped on it once for a second and it feels good.
I would like to thank Blair for his work and teaching me some things along the way. Gotta get her registered and inspected and give her alittle more of a run. Driving around with open headers and no registration and inspection is alittle tougher in new york. One good thing is the tranny seems to work well I had a buddy at a tranny shop go through it for me. I got one of those nice breathers for
the back of the intake and had to grind it down to make it fit my Qiuck fuel carbs that hurt alittle. When I get the break in oil out of it I will be able to see how she runs. Again thanks  Blair .   

6667fan

• Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
Re: First ride
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 08:31:31 AM »
That has to be satisfying. 
How many years on the fuel sitting? It was not at varnish stage I hope. I took some stuff out of a bike here that sat five years. It would be useful for sealing a deck or some outdoor furniture!

If you get any stupid behavior from engine you might have to pull a bowl and see how it looks inside.

Good luck!
JB

67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 636/619.
Tunnel Wedge, Survival EMC CNC heads, Lykins Custom Hydraulic Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.68@125.71 1.56 60’

Stangman

• View Profile
Re: First ride
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 10:13:24 AM »
Well I wouldn’t say varnish but it wasn’t clear had a hint of yellow in it. It was a year old and I put stabilizer in it. I drained it all out and put fresh fuel in and it runs good so it was definetly bad. It looked worse when I drained it to dispose it. Good news is unless some obstacle comes up I will be at the reunion.