Author Topic: Any racers using these strut rod assemblies from Open Tracker?  (Read 2005 times)

Stangman

• View Profile
Re: Any racers using these strut rod assemblies from Open Tracker?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2022, 11:35:47 AM »
Hey Falcon 67 those perches will be warranted the new ones are welded different. I broke one a few years ago and they warranted 1 and I bought the other. Maybe I got lucky but give it a try. I also tore the bottom mount off a pair of CE front double adjustable shocks. I just don’t think the stuff is heavy duty enough for what we do. I broke the shock on the street racing a Camaro.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 11:41:03 AM by Stangman »

Cyclone03

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2022, 07:29:08 PM »
Commenting on breaking shocks wheels up:
Viking recommends limit straps be used instead of using the shock as the limit.
Lance H

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2022, 09:56:43 AM »
LOL, wasn't going to call Calvert and holler "can't a guy get anything to last a while, only had these 20 years!"  New plates and new shocks ran $450 so not a bad deal and the car leaves good now.  First outing it was easy .2 quicker.  In the front, the upper arms - on my car anyway - should hit the frame as a stop before the shocks run out of travel.  It was a surprise when I broke one, but haven't had a problem since.  It's been a few years since that. 

I don't have roller perches but I have updated them to poly so nearly a roller.  Very easy to move the perch.   I have my eye on a good set of these:
https://aldanamerican.com/product/coilover-kit-ford-falcon-1967-front-450-lbs-in-0-0-1-5-in-lowered-sku-m1sbf2d/

But - I just bought a TIG welder, so those will have to wait a while.