Author Topic: Borg Warner T10 transmission rebuilders in Minnesota (Twin Cities area)  (Read 831 times)

cleandan

• View Profile
I have a Borg Warner T10 manual transmission that needs rebuilding.
My local transmission shop is no longer in business (retired...good for him)

If you know of a good shop that can rebuild one of these please let me know.

I can search for "shops" but I would rather learn about a shop that someone has had good service from than just finding any shop.

Thanks and have a great day.

cleandan

• View Profile
Boy am I surprised.
In my search for a shop to rebuild the T10 I have found many shops who state, "We do not rebuild manual transmissions".
Not just T10's......No Sir. No manual transmissions period.
A couple of these "shops" include chain stores with multiple locations in my metro area.

This surprises me because there are still plenty of manual transmission vehicles on the road.

Val406

• View Profile
Cleandan, I made this note in one of my OLD scratch pads: "B-W T-10 parts, Valley Gear (Seattle), 206 329-5353, ask for Dave or Jerry.". Hope this helps, Val406.

cleandan

• View Profile
Cleandan, I made this note in one of my OLD scratch pads: "B-W T-10 parts, Valley Gear (Seattle), 206 329-5353, ask for Dave or Jerry.". Hope this helps, Val406.

Thanks Val406.
I was hoping to find a local shop, but that is starting to look less likely.

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile

They also still have a gear shop besides selling parts. I haven't been by there in probably a year, but they were always good to work with when I've dealt with them.

Not many good trans shops, auto or manual, left period. T10 is fairly simple, probably better off just doing it yourself if you have room.

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
I have a friend in the Milwaukee area that does excellent work on top loaders and T10’s. Not local but closer than Seattle. He is coming to the Back to the 50’s in a couple weeks so you might be able to to hook up with him. Let me know if this helps and I’ll PM you a name and phone number.
63 1/2 Galaxie 500
428 CJ Stroker with 427 2x4 Intake, 427 Long Exhaust Manifolds, Quick Fuel Carbs and TKO 600.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so."                            Mark Twain

JERICOGTX

• View Profile
I can do the labor, if you supply the parts. Not too bad to do. I'm in Minnesota, Metro area. (Buffalo)