Author Topic: Any rumors when Edelbrock, TFS, Scat etc... will be back to normal production?  (Read 904 times)

AlanCasida

• View Profile
I am not needing anything, thank goodness, but this supply/production disruption has got to be really hard on them financially.

TomP

• View Profile
I just checked on Summit's site and all show July shipping dates, even the Chinese heads.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/make/ford/engine-family/ford-big-block-fe/part-type/cylinder-heads?GroupBy=ProductName

galaxiex

• View Profile
I'm curious too....

I've been watching the availability date for TFS heads (and others) keep getting pushed back.

Anyone here have an "insider" ear as to what is actually going on at the foundry(s)?
Obviously nothing is gonna happen if the foundry is not operating....
Every 20 minute job is 1 broken bolt away from becoming a 3 day ordeal.

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
Scat is pretty much at normal production.   FE quantities had never been their focus.

TFS will spit out a batch of heads every now and again.  I've had several batches of heads come through here so far, that have not been reflective of Summit Racing ship dates.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

Katz427

• View Profile
Summit and Jegs estimated delivery dates are pretty optimistic. Aluminum supply is very tight. In Edelbrock's case, the extremely high cost of aluminum, energy, and a shortage of labor, have reduced production. Waited
8 months for a pair of heads (460), and I don't believe I'll ever see an intake manifold.
How long will all this last ? I've been told at least 2 years, and probably longer. The cost of aluminum ingot jumped about 65% in 2021, and it's still increasing. Labor costs, Edelbrock was posting job positions in the foundry at $15/hr. , but a person can make about the same at Taco bell. Energy costs everyone faces.
A rep in the performance aftermarket, told me a lot of discussion, on just how much the customer is willing to pay. The price jump will be quite a shock. Higher volume parts will get the attention, some parts will never be produced again, the costs just don't make it reasonable.
I keep telling people, if they can find it used, buy it.

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
The now common supply chain problems are causing problems everywhere.
The FE stuff is - as mentioned - rather low on the priority list when they are ready capacity constrained.

Making it worse is the fact that Edelbrock, Comp, all the piston companies, and Scat are all embroiled in buyouts and consolidations by new "investment groups".  The companies are now being run not by the car guys that started them, but by money guys whose primary interest is in short return on their acquisition costs.  It's fair to assume that a number of niche products may never be made again.

AlanCasida

• View Profile
Making it worse is the fact that Edelbrock, Comp, all the piston companies, and Scat are all embroiled in buyouts and consolidations by new "investment groups".  The companies are now being run not by the car guys that started them, but by money guys whose primary interest is in short return on their acquisition costs.  It's fair to assume that a number of niche products may never be made again.

That's the bad news I didn't want to hear. It seems like whenever investment groups take over the result is usually not good for the consumer in the long run.